Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Just for kicks: What have you done for your hair so far today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    14"/21"/28"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Just for kicks: What have you done for your hair so far today?

My boss is out, so I let my 5 day dirty hair go an extra day. I brushed, then coated it in coconut oil from the ears down, bunned, and am wearing a scarf over the top. (Added bonus: my hair is finally long enough to bun without bits sicking out, so it feels extra protected at the moment.)

Tonight after my workout I'll be clarifying and deep conditioning with Tresseme Naturals for the first time. Plus my favorite shower activity...a scalp massage.

Your turn!
    Last edited by buttercupmcgee; April 26th, 2012 at 11:06 AM.

Length
    SL/SL+/TBL??
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Default Re: Just for kicks: What have you done for your hair so far today?

I combed it all out, which is sort of rare for me. I put gel in it, which didn't do anything, as usual. Then I bunned and forked it. After working out I'll wash it with AOHR and probably sock bun it. Then I will feel like royalty.

Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

I'm trying to see if I can make it one week without washing my hair,
    so far it's been 4 days.
    I had to sprinkle a little baby powder into it to degrease it a bit, and then brushed the powder out.
    Now I'm wondering how many more days I can make it, or if I will wash before the 7 days are up.
    It may be that I'm going to end up needing to wash my hair at least twice a week.

Length
    14"/21"/28"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
    so far it's been 4 days.
    I had to sprinkle a little baby powder into it to degrease it a bit, and then brushed the powder out.
    Now I'm wondering how many more days I can make it, or if I will wash before the 7 days are up.
    It may be that I'm going to end up needing to wash my hair at least twice a week.
    I've tried to make it a week with little success, so twice/week is what I do too. So far so good. Dry shampoo gets me to day 5 though. I just discovered Klorane, if you're interested in a recommendation. (Baby powder is great, I just find it hard to blend with my dark hair.)

Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by buttercupmcgee View Post
    I've tried to make it a week with little success, so twice/week is what I do too. So far so good. Dry shampoo gets me to day 5 though. I just discovered Klorane, if you're interested in a recommendation. (Baby powder is great, I just find it hard to blend with my dark hair.)
    Yeah, the baby powder looks a tad strange.
    Thanks for the recommendation

Length
    Pixie/Class/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
    so far it's been 4 days.
    I used to have to wash my hair every day, but I slowly stretched the time between each washing and now I can go a little less than a week

Today it was in a low pony because I worked at 6:30AM and I can't be bothered to do any more than that at 5:30AM Although I washed it tonight and tried CO for the first time and my hair feels really nice and my roots aren't greasy so I see a future with CO and I lol although I'll have to see how long I can stretch washes this way...

(BTW I forgot to post this yesterday so this is a note from the day after, I got comments that my hair looked greasy so I'll see how bad it gets tomorrow xD)

Length
    24/30/44in
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/iii

I put a tiny gloss of shea butter on my ends this morning, and ran a couple drops of bpal's "rapunzel" oil scent through my hair.

"Lady Sahhar, of the Night Jeweled Desert, in the order of the Long Haired Knights"

Length
    ?/33"/Class
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Today I massaged Argan oil into the roots and rubbed amla darbur oil in through the ends. Hubbie massaging the scalp before bed and a hundred devoted brushstrokes after capoeira tonight!

is a daily washer :D nobeltonya's Avatar
    Length
    10"/36.5"/48"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Washed, conditioned, put leave-in. Combed. Left down for a few minutes, then put up in a french twist held w/a pen. Took it down maybe half an hour ago to let it finish drying. Right now, it's held in a low pony with a scrunchie.

I have been considering cutting up to waist lately :O It is currently just above TB, b/c I keep trimming it...
    2a/b / M/C / ii. Low porosity.

Length
    chin/SL/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I did a scalp massage with castor oil, put olive oil on the ends, let it sit for a few hours, and washed as usual. I don't think I got all the oil out, which is a first.