View Poll Results: Experimenter or benign neglector?

Voters
223. You may not vote on this poll
  • Experiment alot

74 33.18%
  • Benign neglect all the way

63 28.25%
  • Former experimenter now settled in routine

86 38.57%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: experimenter or benign neglector?

Just letting it grow ravenheather's Avatar
    Length
    16/23/Term
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default experimenter or benign neglector?

Do you try lots of stuff for your hair or are you a put up and forget about it kind of girl? Or are you in the middle and just satisfied with your routine? If so what is your routine?

Going for terminal, but also enjoying wearing my hair down and curly.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: experimenter or benign neglector?

I experimented a bit but very quickly settled into a routine I like: pre-wash coconut oiling followed by CWC with diluted shampoo. I'll do a catnip tea soak every once in awhile and a deep treatment from time to time. That's about it.

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I experiment. Not with routine itself (CWC, last C pressed in and left for around 2 hours, up to 12, oils quite often) but with products. I am trying various deep treatments, focusing on the smoothing and moisturising ones, sometimes throwing in something repairing.

Length
    20/20/35
    Type
    1b/F/ii

have been a terrible terrible crazy experimenter since age 11! lucky to have any hair left. new LHC'er determined to become benign neglector

is a daily washer :D nobeltonya's Avatar
    Length
    10"/36.5"/48"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Former experimentor. I've finally pretty much settled into a routine, except right now I'm experimenting with oiling frequency.. now that it's warm, I don't want to oil every day [well, night], so I'm trying to stretch that and see how long I can go, still daily washing. It's been 2 days w/o oiling, and I'll probably oil tonight. Maybe every other day, just the ends right now.. in the winter, I oil every day, alternating b/w heavy and light oilings. I hate keeping my hair up all the time... I've found a few shampoos/conditioners that work well with my hair, so I alternate b/w those. I've been using the same leave-in [GF sleek & shine intensely smooth, the 3 day sleek not new formula.. smells different ] for the past few months now, at least, and I really like that one.. probably the only thing I haven't changed.
    Last edited by nobeltonya; April 26th, 2012 at 09:07 AM.

I have been considering cutting up to waist lately :O It is currently just above TB, b/c I keep trimming it...
    2a/b / M/C / ii. Low porosity.

Length
    sldr/apl+/hip
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I voted "former experimenter now in a routine". I've been using the routine in my profile for a good 2 years and have been very pleased with the results :-)

I've never really been one for experimenting. I never paid attention to my hair growing up and I still don't pay a whole lot of attention to it now. Every once in a great while I might experiment a little, but never in any way even remotely scientific. I think currently the most experimenting I have done has been with coconut oil and how much I use. Also, hairdos if that is included in experimenting. Also, my hair was already floor length when I joined, so that may be part of why I am hesitant to try lots of new things, what I was doing was already working pretty well.
    ~Carrie Ingalls
    Most recent trim 5-11-2013, 8" (back to mid calf), pictures updated 10-10-2011. My sis Grace Ingalls trimmed 11.25" (her first ever haircut) to ankle at the end of March 2012.

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Used to experiment now have a routine and practice benign neglect by not experimenting.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    SL/26/WL+
    Type
    1c/F/ii

i have a rutine but i still experiment sometimes, mostly on products because i still use cones, and sometimes im not satisfied yet, but when im bussy or lazy im just neglect
    -lola-

Technicolour Pug Lover pink.sara's Avatar
    Length
    42/26/36
    Type
    1a/1b/F/iii

I experiment with colour all the time. But my products are very much decided.

Brand New Redhead