Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Girl sells hair for £3000, buys family a new house now has dream life

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Girl sells hair for £3000, buys family a new house now has dream life

Another long hair article from the daily fail that may or may not interest lhcers.

There are a few things that strike me as odd in it - apparently it took her 1.5 hours every day to brush it and she had never had it cut. But she has bangs / a fringe that must have meant she cut her hair at some point. I also don't see how having long hair can prevent a person from learning English.

I've nothing against someone cutting their hair and selling it it if they want to, but she doesn't look too happy in the after photo.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ream-life.html
    Officially at knee. Verified at London meet 2012.

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Default Re: Girl sells hair for £3000, buys family a new house now has dream life

I can definitely see how it could have taken her an hour and a half to brush her hair, each day. It takes me about half an hour to brush mine, sometimes, because of how thick it is. The girl also seems to have pretty thick hair as well.

I remember someone posting a link to the article about how she was going to cut her hair. I could never understand why her hair prevented her from going to the beach... why not just put it up???!
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    24/40/CLC
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: Girl sells hair for £3000, buys family a new house now has dream life

But I have to say she. Had the most beautiful head of hair. The length and curls are an amazing combination
    Growing back length after a cut of 18 inches in December 09.

Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Paranda Belle View Post
    I also don't see how having long hair can prevent a person from learning English. l
    Maybe the family wasn't in the financial place to pay for English lessons, and now they are?

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

i remember seeing the original article posted on here before she had it cut, i just don't understand why she couldn't put it up if it stopped her doing things!

Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by DaniVerde View Post
    Maybe the family wasn't in the financial place to pay for English lessons, and now they are?
    Exactly!

She lives in an impoverish area.

Length
    chin/SL/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

She doesn't look happy in any of the photos. I think it's party because of her eye shape. Honestly I'm not that impressed by her length after seeing that group shot (in another thread) where one of the women had her hair braided and looped around her neck and it still reached the ground. Very thick and lovely texture, though!

Wait, she's 12? She not not look 12.

Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Am I the only one who laughed at a lot of this? Couldn't put the fan on as her hair would get caught in it??
    Why not just braid it?
    And if it took me one and a half hours to comb my hair every day, I'd be glad to be rid of it, that's ridiculous!

Length
    17"/23.5"/45"
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I hope they brought her a tangle teaser

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I don't see why it kept her playing with her friends? Surely she could braid it? Loop it back once and tie it? And yes, she could really be 12. My daughter is 13 and it is scary how grown up they all looked at 12. Some looked like full grown women. And I think by never been cut, she just meant the length.

Beautiful hair. I cannot believe it was worth that much $ though.

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018