Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black tea rinses

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Black tea rinses

I want to try a black tea rinse..but I just read online that black tea is not a good choice for a rinse because it contains too much cafine and may stunt hair growth. Has anyone done a black tea rinse? What were the results?
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Default Re: Black tea rinses

Hello! I tried a black tea rinse once as an attempt to gradually stain my hair darker, but the rinse made my hair really dry, and so I've never tried again, so... there wasn't enough time to see the results, sorry x.x
    Hennahead

Length
    38/34/35
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

I've been experimenting with black tea rinses for quiet a time now, what I do is wash my hair with mild shampoo, rinse well and then pour 2 cups of black tea prepared with one tea bag (seeped for 10 minutes and cooled) on my hair, finish other duties and do the final rinse off of residue tea from my hair.
    After that let my hair air dry to about 70% dry state and apply nail scrape size of coconut oil to my lengths. I have found this routine to give me nice volume and shine and never feel dry or crispy in my case.
    FYI my hair is always oiled 1 day in advance of wash day and RARELY apply conditioner to my hair after wash (say 3-4 times a year).

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by vatikagirl View Post
    I've been experimenting with black tea rinses for quiet a time now, what I do is wash my hair with mild shampoo, rinse well and then pour 2 cups of black tea prepared with one tea bag (seeped for 10 minutes and cooled) on my hair, finish other duties and do the final rinse off of residue tea from my hair.
    After that let my hair air dry to about 70% dry state and apply nail scrape size of coconut oil to my lengths. I have found this routine to give me nice volume and shine and never feel dry or crispy in my case.
    FYI my hair is always oiled 1 day in advance of wash day and RARELY apply conditioner to my hair after wash (say 3-4 times a year).
    You don't use conditioner? Wow, I need it, but I should cut down, I use SO much! Thanks for the routine, I will probably be trying the tea rinse tonight!

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

SwordWomanRiona has started a successful thread about tea rinses (she now uses red tea, but others use black, too).

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Henrietta View Post
    SwordWomanRiona has started a successful thread about tea rinses (she now uses red tea, but others use black, too).
    thanks! I'm checking it out right now!

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I saw the thread on black tea and coarser strands and was intrigued!
    I just now started playing around with tea though...I have been spraying rooibos tea on my scalp and I will say that I get awful buildup after 3-4 days.
    I am willing to put up with it for a month though.

What I want to know about is spraying on green tea to my roots..i wonder if it would be beneficial at all?
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by akilina View Post
    I saw the thread on black tea and coarser strands and was intrigued!
    I just now started playing around with tea though...I have been spraying rooibos tea on my scalp and I will say that I get awful buildup after 3-4 days.
    I am willing to put up with it for a month though.

What I want to know about is spraying on green tea to my roots..i wonder if it would be beneficial at all?
    An article I read said that green tea is great for growth, may be worth a try!

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyfire3 View Post
    An article I read said that green tea is great for growth, may be worth a try!
    That shall be my next experiment! I will get some green tea in bulk when I have $$$ and go buy some flax seeds at the natural foods store.
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by akilina View Post
    That shall be my next experiment! I will get some green tea in bulk when I have $$$ and go buy some flax seeds at the natural foods store.
    Oh yay! I have a terrible habit of experimenting trying to get "perfect" hair and end up throwing everything off lol....I want to try the tea rinse though! I hope it goes well! Are you making flax seed gel?