Thread: Question about egg-conditioning and oilind

Length
    24.4/29,5/31
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Question about egg-conditioning and oilind

Hi all!

I'm new here but I've been browsing the forum for quite some time.

However I havent been able to find answer to one question...

I'm planning to do a protein treatment to my hair today with egg (yolks?) and something else (suggestions..?) I oiled my hair with coconut oil on sunday and washed on monday and then but some jojoba in the ends last night. Should I wash with clarifyinf shampoo before tryng protein treatment? Will the oils block the protein from my hair?

Can I put the egg-treatment on my hair for an hour, then wash with cold water, and go to sauna? Or is heat bad after the treatment?

And possible rinse with ACV afterwards?

THANK YOU for your replies !!

Length
    18"/28"/48"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: Question about egg-conditioning and oilind

I am still new here but this is what I would suggest. If you are heading off to the sauna, I would hold off on the egg treatment until you return. It will help to open up the pores in your scalp and hair for deeper protein treatment. You should add 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of lemon juice to the egg to help with cleansing of the scalp and hair. Wait about three to five minutes, then rinse the protein treatment out of your hair under very cool water.

Follow that up with ACV rinse (1 Tbsp on apple cider vinegar per cup) over the length of your hair, lightly message your scalp and follow that up with a good long rinse to make sure that you do not leave any residue from the ACV rinse in your hair.

After you have finished drying off, you can follow this up with a light oiling on your ends to make them feel silky soft.

Length
    17"/WL/Hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Question about egg-conditioning and oilind

hi wendylai,

i'll share my super-amazing egg protein treatment recipe with you if you'd like to try it
    -1 tsp honey, nuked in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to cook away lightening enzymes
    -1 tsp ACV
    -blend of olive oil and sesame oil, equivalent to about 1 tsp (i previously had tried only olive oil, but it was too heavy for my hair and difficult to wash out)
    -1 egg, beaten
    if i have some on hand, sometimes i will mix in a little coconut milk or even fenugreek powder (ayurvedic "methi") to thicken the mixture a bit.
    i apply this mess with a plastic squeezie bottle, because it can be quite runny. i find if i apply it to dry hair it soaks it in more, but you could do a clarifying wash first if you wanted.
    then i tie my hair up in a turbie towel that was rinsed in hot water, cover that with a shower cap, and leave that on my head looking totally awesome for about 1 hour . rinse with COLD water, and then i actually shampoo and condition as usual. i finish with a tea rinse such as catnip, but you could probably omit this step or do another rinse if you like. i find this leaves my hair soft, bouncy, and glossy every time.

i don't think i would go to the sauna with the egg stuff in your hair or you will come out with scrambled eggs on your head :/ Good luck!

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet, and the winds long to play with your hair." - Kahlil Gibran