Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladyshep's stay-put hairdos (youtube):)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On0_vrcIqmY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3VYad07WRk

The first one is my braid that stays put all day long. My second one is my all day long bun. Hope this helps someone. I updated it for easier view.
    Last edited by ladyshep; April 24th, 2012 at 02:00 PM.

Ladyshep, I watched the first video you linked in, and the video does not Clearly show the full length of your hair. When you finally put it back, it actually appeared around classic length, but you stated it was knee-length. I have hair a lot like yours is, super straight, fine, and a lot of it. Oh, I'm mid-calf length, and that's as long as I intend to go. It was longer, but I cut it back a bit. Not a whole lot, though. It just looks best at this length.

I'd recommend that in future videos you not assume what the audience watching may prefer in terms of, for example, you showed your comb which is plastic. That is basically fine. Some people like other comb types, but it's no matter. You share what you know.

Also, might I suggest that you stay away from mentioning confusing topics. For example, you brought up protein. There was really no need to discuss protein because the point of your video is an updo, not causing confusion or controversy.

You have very expressive eyes, and they're actually fairly pretty. I might suggest that in future you make good use of this attribute, and refrain from self-critique and scrunching your face up as you self-evaluate. You speak kind of slowly, which I take as an overall positive to video postings that are intended as help or informational.

I must say, you have beautiful hair, and you've taken very good care of it. I'm a fan of Biolage as well. I have never seen the detangling product you mention. What is it by name, exactly. For example, they have conditioners known as Conditioning Balm and Hydrating Conditioner. I didn't catch the name that you mentioned, other than it was Biolage.

Good job. I recently made my first video and I made my own mistakes in my first youtube post. Ah well, we all live and learn. Thank you for not video-ing in the bathroom! I hate that!! Personal pet peave. There just has to be a better background than a bathroom. LOL. It's also good that you wore light clothing that contrasted with your darker hair. That was a good idea. (I wore dark pants against my brownish colored hair.)

Good job!!

heidi w.

ETA: I watched the second video. I think that if you want to show how-to do an updo, you might fare better if you have a second person who is taller than you so they can view what you're actually doing with your hands or fingers more out of the way. If we're looking directly at what's going on, there's a tendency for hands to cover up, or fingers to cover up what is actually going on. This is a hard problem to solve if one is doing the video and the updo by themself. I had a video assistant, and he's a lot taller than I am, so he was able to get some really good angles. He was very nice. He volunteered to help me. I have a number of ideas of to video, but I need a good, taller video person who has a flare for identifying quickly what needs to be seen; otherwise, I kind of have to map out the schematic of what to video when. I hope this makes sense. Your second video is what I term a plain ole basic bun. That's neat that you show the corkscrew kind of hairpins. END ETA
    Last edited by heidi w.; April 23rd, 2012 at 12:52 PM.

Length
    17"/23.5"/45"
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Re: Ladyshep's stay-put hairdos (youtube):)

hehe moving to styling station.... moves to sofa

Length
    19"/43"/40"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I just tried the braid!

I parted it in a Y part like for the Dianyla braid, then grabbed underneath and wrapped. I love how it brings in the sides.

Thank you.
    [/URL]

Also, Ladyshep, you said your hair has layers in it, and from my observation this doesn't appear to be true. But I believe it because you said it. Just kind of confusing to say one thing, and be looking at it and not seeing it.

heidi w.

By Lady Godiva
    Avatar Photo: Bruce Folck, Blue Dragon Photography. Profile Photo: LJC

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Very nice. I liked both videos very much!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Cool! Thanks for the wonderful compliments, everyone! I do like my styling station.

As for my length of hair, Heidi W., I am no lier. When it is damp it goes below my knee cap (I'm pretty short, I suppose if I was taller it wouldn't reach my knee) When it dries, my waves underneeth (and my nape cowlick) shrink it up quite a bit and still falls to my knee, not below BUT, I am not concerned with length anyhow, hence I don't have to explain. Also about the natural layers, you can't notice. They blend in very well. (I had a lot of shedding 6 years ago due to post partum and had all kinds of new growth) But I'm glad you don't notice! My scrunching face really is a family trait. Thanks for your concern. Biolage detangling solution is what the product is. BTW, I like your youtube video.

As for the video quality, *laughs* I recorded from my computer. I could have put it up higher. Maybe when I have time, I'll redo them if people really can't tell what I'm doing. They are pretty easy hairdos, though. I hope they help others!
    Last edited by ladyshep; April 23rd, 2012 at 01:59 PM. Reason: comments

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I had to stop the braid video right at the point where you said "pull it really tight". I'd have to tear the braid out in less than 10 minutes; I can't stand pulling at my scalp.

(I'll have to check out the other one later)

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    I had to stop the braid video right at the point where you said "pull it really tight". I'd have to tear the braid out in less than 10 minutes; I can't stand pulling at my scalp.

(I'll have to check out the other one later)
    You don't have to pull it very tight if you don't want. I should have explained that one. This hairstyle doesn't hurt my head, but I guess it could for others with more sensitive scalps?? Thanks for trying.
    Last edited by ladyshep; April 23rd, 2012 at 02:27 PM.

Length
    Pixie/SL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Well. I tried the first one just now.

I quickly realized, I have no reason to want to lose any length!

My layers at the bottom are still long enough that I have to end the braid a little early. I need to work on making it look straighter, but it's very efficient.

I was just thinking today that I need a braid that stays put. Thank you!

Pixie::Shoulder::APL