Thread: Hi from the Pacific NW!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    sl/apl/wl
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Default Hi from the Pacific NW!

Hi all,

I've been reading some posts on here for about a month and decided to go ahead and get my own account. I'm excited to connect with all of you from all over the world! Gotta love the internet.

I've pretty much had long hair (anywhere from shoulder length to waist length) since I was in the 4th grade, except for one time in my mid-20s when I cut it off to chin length. Not going to do that again!! Right now it is just shy of bsl and I'm shooting for waist length once again. I have virgin hair - I think it's 1b or 1c, f, iii. I guess I need to clarify and go from there. I've gone through different phases at different times in my life of regular shampoo/conditioner, shampoo bar and acv rinses, conditioner-only, bs and acv rinses. Never used dyes or henna so my silvers are coming through more and more. I have been experimenting with different ways to wear my hair, mainly braids and buns. If I knew how to post a picture on here, I'd do it!

Anyhow, I live in the Pacific NW with my husband of 17 years and our two children. We are about to adopt a sibling group out of foster care and so my life is about to get wild and crazy!! And again, happy to connect on here with you all.

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: Hi from the Pacific NW!

Welcome to LHC. You've come to the right place to learn about growing hair. There is also a thread or posting area (whatever you call it) about Parenting you might like too. Welcome!
    High Priestess Milkthystle of Glowing Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    sl/apl/wl
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Ok - so I figured out how to post an avatar of my hair. Yippee!! That picture was taken about 3 hours after I washed my hair and it wasn't dry yet. And it's much wavier back there than I realized! I always thought it was so straight! You think it's a 2a?

Length
    2"/23"/TLBN
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by momma2boys View Post
    Ok - so I figured out how to post an avatar of my hair. Yippee!! That picture was taken about 3 hours after I washed my hair and it wasn't dry yet. And it's much wavier back there than I realized! I always thought it was so straight! You think it's a 2a?
    Welcome and sounds like you have your work cut out for you with new children joining your family! Wish I could see your pic, but could be because I'm still a 'newbie' here on LHC...
    Your hair sounds beautiful and you've definitely come to the right place to get support and encouragement with caring for your hair. I know I've learned a lot already!
    I'm in Cali too... love the NW area, very pretty there.

Wish you all the best!!