Thread: How should I dye my hair burgundy?

Type
    2a/C/iii

Default How should I dye my hair burgundy?

By burgundy I mean any sort of bluish cool-tone red from dark to bright. Some times people use the wore "burgundy" to mean rusty brownish red or auburn, but that's not what I'm going for. I just started another thread about Henna Hut's burgundy, but after taking the time to look around here a little more, I realized that HH is not the best brand, and I might need a more complicated process to get what I really want.

My hair is dark brown but not so dark that a strong deposit color wouldn't show at all. I still might need to lighten my hair to get a result that's worth the trouble. Do I really have to lighten first? What's the safest way to go about it? What sort of recipe should I use for the best results? I'm open to any ideas, not just henna.

If you had dark brown hair and went burgundy, can you show me your results? I can't see albums yet. I'm not sure exactly what kind of burgundy I want. It depends what's possible using the gentlest methods, and what looks good on other people. I'm not afraid of bright or unnatural colors, but I'm open to cherry-coke shades as well.

Type
    2a/C/iii

Default Re: How should I dye my hair burgundy?

I totally forgot to say that my hair is already dyed. It's naturally dark brown and was dyed drugstore dark brown to cover whites.

Type
    2a/C/iii

I finally realized I should search the forum for "cool red" not "burgundy". People recommended adding hibiscus tea or red wine and using the henna with the highest lawsone content available. If you've tried this, how did it turn out? How does hibiscus compare to red wine for color? Are there any other options? Should I lighten or not?

Type
    2a/C/iii

One person also mentioned logwood, but I couldn't find any examples of what henna+logwood looks like.

Type
    2a/C/iii

Anyone?

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

you could try the purple-red shade of this:

http://www.ukhairdressers.com/store/...utricolorcreme

i have the white platinum and it is lovely, just adds that extra bit of toner to banish brass. It works like an intensive conditioner but also deposits colour. It also doesn't contain peroxide or ammonia and isn't permanent so if you don't like the result it will gradually wash out