Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elastic Ribbon Hair Ties

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Re: Elastic Ribbon Hair Ties

I also got mine from mane message on Etsy. I love them and don't use any other hair ties now.

Once and Future Long-Hair XcaliburGirl's Avatar
    Length
    23/27.5/CL 44
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

I just want to update that I ended up getting these from Sephora. They are definitely gentle and hold OK. I have been using them on a daily basis, but I switch to other elastics if I need something that holds my ponytail more tightly.
    I want to finally get back to Classic. Growing again starting March 2018.

Length
    Chin/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by XcaliburGirl View Post
    I just want to update that I ended up getting these from Sephora. They are definitely gentle and hold OK. I have been using them on a daily basis, but I switch to other elastics if I need something that holds my ponytail more tightly.
    Weird you posted this today, I'm actually wearing ones I bought from Etsy. They're ok. I'm not the hugest fan. I feel like they are as tight, but less comfortable as elastics. I can't get a comfortable loop position. For example, 2 is not enough for a pony tail, but 3 is too much and my scalp hurts. On the positive though, they are wider than the regular elastics, so I feel like the pressure is distributed more equally on the strands?
    Chin (2005) * CBL * SL * APL * BSL * MBL * Waist

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I've seen these but not tried them. For people who wear these to tie off a braid left unbunned, do you find the little knot in the tie annoys you as it rubs on your back? Are they easy to hide the knot in buns?

Once and Future Long-Hair XcaliburGirl's Avatar
    Length
    23/27.5/CL 44
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Jessy22284 View Post
    Weird you posted this today, I'm actually wearing ones I bought from Etsy. They're ok. I'm not the hugest fan. I feel like they are as tight, but less comfortable as elastics. I can't get a comfortable loop position. For example, 2 is not enough for a pony tail, but 3 is too much and my scalp hurts. On the positive though, they are wider than the regular elastics, so I feel like the pressure is distributed more equally on the strands?
    I am basically using them for a looser ponytail with only 2 loops around. My goal with these is to avoid damage, so it works. If I want a reliable ponytail without pieces falling out, I use something else.
    I want to finally get back to Classic. Growing again starting March 2018.

Length
    Chin/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by XcaliburGirl View Post
    I am basically using them for a looser ponytail with only 2 loops around. My goal with these is to avoid damage, so it works. If I want a reliable ponytail without pieces falling out, I use something else.
    My hair falls out with 2, won't hold it up even a little, I think my hair is too silky (wc?) for it? But I'm using the Etsy ones, not the ones you linked up. So they may be different?

And, pepperminttea, I've only used them for ponies or for buns, sorry!
    Chin (2005) * CBL * SL * APL * BSL * MBL * Waist

Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by pepperminttea View Post
    I've seen these but not tried them. For people who wear these to tie off a braid left unbunned, do you find the little knot in the tie annoys you as it rubs on your back? Are they easy to hide the knot in buns?
    I ordered some elastic after seeing this thread and made my own. I use them for braids mostly, and the knot doesn't bother me at all. I just think it looks kinda cute? Your mileage may vary though, of course. I've also succesfully hid them in a bun ^^.