Thread: Can anyone decipher these hair bun instructions?

Type
    1b/M/C/i/ii

Default Can anyone decipher these hair bun instructions?

http://www.schwarzkopf.com.au/skau/e...s/updos_2.html

I'm stumped. Step 3 has me stumped, just cannot follow this step at all.
    Can anyone get this to work? Does it end up looking like the picture?
    Can someone explain in different terminology

TIA

Length
    24???/38?/37
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Can anyone decipher these hair bun instructions?

I think #3 is saying to pull the pony only 1/2 through, to make a "loop" , securing with another scrunchie or elastic. Then try to cover that loop with the remaining hair and pin in place.

Length
    16.75/19"/30"+?
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kelikea View Post
    I think #3 is saying to pull the pony only 1/2 through, to make a "loop" , securing with another scrunchie or elastic. Then try to cover that loop with the remaining hair and pin in place.
    I read it as this as well. Not the clearest of instructions!
    1b/ii/m ...SHOULDER+...APL...MBL...WAIST...HIP...TBL...
    April 2014 - Roughly 10" chopped off & Dye free apart from 1" in canopy layers

Length
    -/%/+
    Type
    1b/F/ii

It reads like a nautilus bun, with unnecessary steps/scrunchies.

?

Lady Legion of the Legendary Black Beast of Castle Aaughh;
    Order of the Long Hair'd K'nnnniggits

Length
    ?/35/40
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Naw, it's a crappy way to achieve a quasi-sock bun. It'll only work if your hair is naturally really thick, or dry, or a combo. You also need a very specific length of hair to achieve, maybe SL. The italian girls at my school did it with great success.

let me explain what they're telling you to do:

1. ponytail hair.
    2. ponytail hair again, but in the last loop, only pull pony half way through.
    3. spread out the ends of your hair around the ponytail's circumference evenly. This should give your hair a donut-y appearance. pin in place, trying to hide the ends, and spray.
    4. get frustrated at how trying to do this doesn't look at all like the picture and trying to get your ends to fan out evenly is a nightmare and it looks like a wonky rats nest. Get more frustrated at the tangles you just created trying to pull it out. Friends with different hairtypes from mine always did it this way:

1. ponytail hair. leave it a little loose.
    2. lean forwards and fan out/spread ponytail evenly around the hairtie.
    3. place new hairtie over this lump you created. trying not to disturb how evenly you spread out the hair. It should look bun-ish at this point.
    4. gently loosen the hair to make the bun part bigger and the ends stick out less. Pin the bun to your head if it's too floppy.

In my case, neither method worked. I just learned how to do a sock bun and found happiness.

Length
    1/34.6"/41
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Naw, it's a crappy way to achieve a quasi-sock bun. It'll only work if your hair is naturally really thick, or dry, or a combo. You also need a very specific length of hair to achieve, maybe SL. The italian girls at my school did it with great success.

let me explain what they're telling you to do:

1. ponytail hair.
    2. ponytail hair again, but in the last loop, only pull pony half way through.
    3. spread out the ends of your hair around the ponytail's circumference evenly. This should give your hair a donut-y appearance. pin in place, trying to hide the ends, and spray.
    4. get frustrated at how trying to do this doesn't look at all like the picture and trying to get your ends to fan out evenly is a nightmare and it looks like a wonky rats nest. Get more frustrated at the tangles you just created trying to pull it out. Friends with different hairtypes from mine always did it this way:

1. ponytail hair. leave it a little loose.
    2. lean forwards and fan out/spread ponytail evenly around the hairtie.
    3. place new hairtie over this lump you created. trying not to disturb how evenly you spread out the hair. It should look bun-ish at this point.
    4. gently loosen the hair to make the bun part bigger and the ends stick out less. Pin the bun to your head if it's too floppy.

In my case, neither method worked. I just learned how to do a sock bun and found happiness.

I agree, this is what it sounds like and looks like. An unnecessarily complicated, messy and not as good looking method for doing a sockbun.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 CL 15 16 17 18 SL 20 21 22 23 APL 25 26 27 BSL 28 29 30 31 32 WL 34 35 36 HL 38 39 40 TB

For those who can't see the instructions, here they are....the majority of the instructions, not all though.

1.First of all, updos hold up better if you do not wash your hair shortly before styling it. Your hair will be more manageable this way. Part your hair in the centre. The partition should be short
    2.Comb your hair thoroughly and gather it in a scrunchy deep in the nape of your neck. Comb the lower part of the hair once more

3.Form the gathered hair into a small loop and hold this loop with another scrunchy over the first one. Pull the gathered ends of the hair around the first loop and fix the arrangement with hair pins; the pins should be hidden underneath the knot. Tip: Decorative horn hair pins provide solid hold and they are also a beautiful accessory

It's my experience in hair instructions on the web that they leave important information out, making the whole thing harder than necessary. At least you got a picture to go with all, so you can kind of see where you're to end up.

heidi w.

By Lady Godiva
    Avatar Photo: Bruce Folck, Blue Dragon Photography. Profile Photo: LJC

Type
    1b/M/C/i/ii

Thank you arya
    Loves your post!

That's kinda how I imagined it in my head, and it works fine in my head, but hen I actually try and do it on my hair it looks incredibly messy, and will certainly not hold!
    Reckon I will stick to sock buns!
    Thanks all!