Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forehead Tufts and Hairlines--Am I alone here?

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Forehead Tufts and Hairlines--Am I alone here?

All my life I've had a strange hairline. I have these tufts of baby hairs that extend down my forehead into two tufts that end a little above my eyebrows--like horns almost! They're very very short hairs that get a little longer as you reach my hairline, before blending in with the rest of my normal hair.

Most of the time I'm not really self-conscious of them, but lately I've been a bit down about my low forehead and I'm wondering if getting the little tufts removed would be helpful. Years ago, I bought a home waxing kit and the instructions talked about removing these tufts and I suppose that was the first time I've ever thought about doing something like that.

Anyone do this or something similar? Did you find that it made a difference in your appearance? Or is this something that only the wearer notices?

Length
    APL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Forehead Tufts and Hairlines--Am I alone here?

I get little tufts kind of, but they don't bother me.
    If you want a permanent solution, maybe get electrolysis? I mean if you've been self consious that long. Rita Hayworth got it back in the day (though it is painful). I've been considering for my slight widow's peak, and because I get acne there, and I always get soap/ astringent/ moisturizer/ makeup stuck on the little bit of hair.
    APL~BSL~Waist~Hip~TBL~Classic

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

I read that Rita Hayworth did quite the number on her hairline (and bleached the heck out of her skin) which involved actually altering it to look less "ethnic".

I don't mind the baby hair "horns" on other people since they tend to have normal sized foreheads. I have such a ridiculously low forehead, that I feel that the tufts make it worse.

Length
    APL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I know she dyed her hair, and did her makeup and eyebrows different (because back than you couldn't be famous looking spanish unless it was a spanish movie), but I doubt she bleached her skin. She wasn't that dark to begin with, and makeup/ sunscreen can do wonders, besides that fact that a lot of her movies were in black and white, and her color pictures were retouched.
    Maybe try a little gel also?
    APL~BSL~Waist~Hip~TBL~Classic

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I've got short hairs above my temples; could that be what you're talking about?
    It's really not a good idea to find little imperfections to stress about. I'm sure your hair line is fine.

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    It's really not a good idea to find little imperfections to stress about. I'm sure your hair line is fine.
    Something like those, only they're above the middle of my eyebrows! Honestly, I hardly ever stress about them, so they probably aren't truly a big deal. But they are bothering me at the moment and I agree, I shouldn't pick on tiny imperfections. Thanks for giving me a little shake

Got 'em, high on either temple, but more on the left.
    In my case, I like them since my hairline is high.

I read somewhere that perception of beauty depends more on how symmetrical something is
    as opposed shape or size.
    Are they "balancing" for your face, considering all features?

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by proo View Post
    Got 'em, high on either temple, but more on the left.
    In my case, I like them since my hairline is high.

I read somewhere that perception of beauty depends more on how symmetrical something is
    as opposed shape or size.
    Are they "balancing" for your face, considering all features?
    I read that it's not just symmetry but there are other factors. See I have such a low forehead that I feel like it doesn't balance the rest of my features. Everything about my face is round and I would like my face to appear more oval.

This is what my forehead looks like

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ctureid=130466

Am I being nuts here?

Length
    chin/APL/Class
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    Yes, I have them too. I don't think they are imperfections, just cute baby hairs. Mine always form neat little curls, even though the rest of my hair isn't curly.
    Lady Vallena, Duchess of The Land Of Passion Flowers in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Chin - Shoulder - APL - BSL - Waist - Hip -Tailbone - Classic

Length
    buzz/chin/waist
    Type
    2a/F/ii

You are not alone! I have the strangest hairline and is a little further back on one side than the other. I also have the very fine baby hairs all around it, which makes pulling my hair back look ridiculous. I have been experimenting with ways to hide them since I have not been putting anything unnatural on my hair (such as hairspray, gels, mousse, etc).