Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shea Moisture for dry caucasian hair?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    22/26/33
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Shea Moisture for dry caucasian hair?

Hi guys! So recently I picked up a bottle of Shea moisture at the store...I got the moisture shampoo, conditioner and treatment. I also got the anti-breakage/thickening lotion and I felt it made my hair a little stiff (maybe I'll try it again).

Anyway, I have the conditioner on right now and I haven't rinsed it off. My only concern is that I know this is marketed for curlier/kinkier hair...mine is straight/wavy but just VERY dry. Anyone else with my hair type use this stuff?

Default Re: Shea Moisture for dry caucasian hair?

I have asian hair and use the shampoo.. It's very moisturizing which i like but it weighs my hair down too much.. so probably won't repurchase.

Length
    shldr/tlbn/fgrtp
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Well, I'm only half caucasian, but I really like shea butter. I'm not sure what's in that bottle of Shea Moisture, but regular shea butter works really well for my hair. It's TBL, combination of tight waves and curls, thick and dry. Some products marketed for kinky/afro hair work well for me.
    Even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like day. Search me, God, and know my heart...And lead me in the way everlasting. -Psalm 139

Length
    SL+/Waist/TBL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I asume you're talking about a specific brand. I haven't used it because like almost everything else cool mentioned in this forum, it is unavailable in this country, but I have used shea butter containing products many times.

My hair is so dry, that I rarely find stuff that's too heavy. Let us know how you get on.

ETA: ha ha. I've looked this stuff up now, and it sounds wonderful. If it doesn't work for you, you can mail me the rest of the bottle, lol

But seriously, how did it go?
    Last edited by skaempfer; April 15th, 2012 at 11:35 PM.
    Microtrimming, cowashing, hoping for a miracle.

Length
    14/31/40
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I have very fine, fairly thin, light blonde, wavy/wurly hair, I use shea moisture, and I ADORE it! It makes my hair super soft, it smells amazing, and my hair is way healthier since I started using it. Can't say enough good things!

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

One of my favorite conditioners has shea butter and I'm mostly causcasian.
    High Priestess Milkthystle of Glowing Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Since you listed your hair as fine and straight/wavy, products that are heavy in shea butter might be too heavy for you.

Shea butter tends to work on coarse wavy/curly hair, regardless of ethnicity. Sorry to nitpick, but it's really hairtype that determines efficacy of products and the ethnicity thing is just marketing

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I love Shea butter and couldn't wait to try this line. Sadly, it didn't agree with my hair It just didn't give me enough moisture or slip. It felt tangley and dry afterward. But on a positive note , I really like the body bars from this line. They smell and feel really nice.

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Shea moisture is not available in my country but I use another deep conditioner with shea butter and my hair likes it.
    ETA: Totally irrelevant but your avatar kinda looks like sandra bullock LOL

Length
    Apl/Bsl+/Waist
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

I don't pay attention to those labels. Most of the products I use are marketed towards African Americans. They just happen to work well on me so who cares.
    SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WAIST-HIP
    **Almost there!!!**