Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shea Moisture for dry caucasian hair?

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Shea Moisture for dry caucasian hair?

I'm Caucasian and use the the Shea Moisture line shampoo and conditioners. However, I am Italian and have very thick, dry, coarse, curly hair. The Moisture Retention Shampoo is my all-time favorite shampoo. It really helped when my hair was going through a protein overload (which happens a little too easily...).

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    6 in/12 in/36 in
    Type
    4a/4b/F/i/ii

I rarely pay attention to labels or who products are marketed to--most of my staples are from Paul Mitchell, which is marketed to Caucasian women. Only one product from the Shea Moisture brand works well on my hair; everything else just causes it to mat and tangle horribly. Go with what works best with your hair, and ignore the labels.

Length
    12/CL/52
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Fine Caucasian hair here...I use the moisture milk in that line. Fabulous!

Hair in Sunlight

Kindness consists of loving people more than they deserve.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

Love the smell but not a fan of this line overall . The conditioner and mask just sat on my hair didn't moisturized at all and the shampoo weighed my hair down :/ Then again it wasn't intended for my hair type .
    Fairy hair and Dirty feet

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

My friend with super fine Scandinavian blonde hair has seen a lot of improvement in her hair with afriar American products and loves them, I don't think Caucasian or African makes as much difference as fine or coarse, oily or dry. I do well with Asian products even though I m hyper curly because I am also coarse. At least I did well in Taiwan. Shea moisture is a great brand with mild products, I think it would be good unless you are very oily.
    <a href=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/uloma1/media/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg.html target=_blank>[IMG]<a href=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/uloma1/media/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a481/uloma1/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg target=_blank>http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/...psb7di14pc.jpg</a></a>[/IMG]</a>Proud to be a tightly curly!
    (SL-APL-BSL-Midback-Waist!)

bear of vry little brains x0h_bother's Avatar
    Length
    SL 07/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

I'm using the purple bottle Superfruit 10-in-1 shampoo smells good works even better. It's feels like i get a lot of slip but clean but not squeak clean.
    growwwwww..

if I tug on my hair, will it grow faster?

Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

I jus bought some of the shampoo for my wurly hair and I love it. I only wash once a week though so I don't know if it would weigh my hair down more if I used it more often.

Type
    3b/3c/F/iii

Tried pure shea butter and it doesn't agree with either my skin nor hair. For some reason it dries me out. And is hard to remove from hair. Also dries my skin out and gives it pimples at the same time, huh.

I recently bought the manuka line from shea moisture. For the first time in months, my scalp remained completely grease-free for 4 days. It didn't feel weighed down at all, it wasn't greasy in the slightest. I only washed it again today (the fourth day) because I wanted to do castor oil today (which I wash out after 20 minutes.)
    It's incredibly impressive, I didn't think I could get my hair balanced this fast. I'd dare say it's a miracle. My hair wasn't weighed down, it was quite bouncy. It wasn't chunky or stringy like many oil-heavy conditioners leave it. I'm so pleased. It also smells lightly of figs and the scent lingers, which is a positive for me. I'm probably going to try another line of shea moisture soon.
    Don't be afraid to use the manuka line from shea moisture.

Fine caucasian hair here too.

I loved Shea Moisture S&C but FAIR HEADS BEWARE; ARGAN OIL PRODUCTS CAN STAIN.

I was able to remove it from my silver/white after a few clarifying shampoos amd was sad to have to discontinue use.

They do make a great body washes and shave creams though LOL