Hey everyone!

I'm new so I'm not sure if this is a redundant post. Please forgive me if it is and correct me!

I'm new to CO washing and read that someone else was having trouble with greasiness. I see that many people tend to use Kiwi Lime Squeeze from the VO5 line, and I love it! It smells great and isn't thick. My hair is softer and has improved texture (not crunchy at the ends anymore). But....

Problem: Becoming a total grease-pit by midday (wash at night, damp bunning, then air dry down the next morning). It looks like I didn't wash my hair at all (after a week )

I then read on another thread the CO method, and realized I wasn't leaving it on for minimum two minutes for it to really clean. So, I just got out of the shower, and I used a total of three big palmfuls all over my head and length. I made sure my scalp was clean and really tried to rinse everything out as best I could.

I stepped out, thinking I did a great job - and I ran my hand down the top to mid-length. My hand had a veeeeery thin layer of film and it felt almost waxy. My fingers definitely smell like the Conditioner. I combed it out with a wide comb, and letting it air dry down my back.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this normal? I have school tomorrow (college) and I really don't want to look greasy. I wear my hair down with braids in it often.

Help and comments would be appreciated!