Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMT's and honey for conditioning?

Length
    ?/48/term?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

Question SMT's and honey for conditioning?

So I'm new here and I saw some people mentioning SMT's, what is that?
    Also does anyone use honey for conditioning? Or in your mister??

Length
    23 in/29 in/34 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Re: SMT's and honey for conditioning?

Here ya go...

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...read.php?t=128

The honey is in this recipe and I believe is a humectant and draws the moisture into the hair (hope I have that right).

Length
    27/42+/ftip
    Type
    1b/M/iii

I use honey religiously. In my conditioner, on my face with crushed aspirin as a mask, with sugar, lemon juice and olive oil as a body scrub.
    Callie sez *meep*
    justgreen judiciously journals
    Lady Emeralde Justyce in the Order of the Long Hair Knights

Length
    ?/48/term?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by justgreen View Post
    I use honey religiously. In my conditioner, on my face with crushed aspirin as a mask, with sugar, lemon juice and olive oil as a body scrub.
    So do you just mix some with your conditioner??

And thanks julliams I could not find that thread for the life of me!

i also use smt. and always adding bits of honey to all my receips. You will have to find a proper ratio for your hair, or a proper honey. I sometimes also use molasses.

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I normally use it in the SMT recipe that julliams linked. Just make sure you zap it on high in the microwave for ten seconds or so beforehand to avoid the lightening effect. It also makes it more pleasant to apply since it isn't freezing cold!

Length
    ?/26/30++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I mix honey in my conditioner, use it for face masks, and use it in SMTs, too.

Not once, ever, in decades of using it, has honey bleached my face, skin, clothing, or towels. I would have liked to have blonder hair and less sun damage spots on my skin if it were truly a kind of natural bleach, but I strongly believe that this theory is not based on sound research. My husband, who has his PhD in chemistry, says that any ammonia present in honey is minimal, too.

SMTs are wonderful, I use them regularly (without heating them) and they are one of my hair's favorite things. They also calm my scalp when it gets sensitive and irritated, and are one of the few things that make my hair shiny and soft. I use the traditional mix - 1/3 of each honey, conditioner, aloe.
    Feb 2013, solid BSL again but shedding. Wondering if this is really terminal length. Hairtype 1b/2b, F/M, ii

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Katze View Post
    I mix honey in my conditioner, use it for face masks, and use it in SMTs, too.

Not once, ever, in decades of using it, has honey bleached my face, skin, clothing, or towels. I would have liked to have blonder hair and less sun damage spots on my skin if it were truly a kind of natural bleach, but I strongly believe that this theory is not based on sound research. My husband, who has his PhD in chemistry, says that any ammonia present in honey is minimal, too.

SMTs are wonderful, I use them regularly (without heating them) and they are one of my hair's favorite things. They also calm my scalp when it gets sensitive and irritated, and are one of the few things that make my hair shiny and soft. I use the traditional mix - 1/3 of each honey, conditioner, aloe.
    So honey doesn't lighten hair? Does it make hair more moistuirzed? I really want to try it now that I know it doesn't lighten
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

It never lightned my hair and I use it everytime I condition my hair and my hair is black no lightening what so ever. It is a great moisturizer and I use it for conditioning treatments everytime without microwaving first.

Length
    27/42+/ftip
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyfire3 View Post
    So honey doesn't lighten hair? Does it make hair more moistuirzed? I really want to try it now that I know it doesn't lighten
    For me, honey is all about the moisture. It's a natural humectant and water soluble. Win/win.

In my SMT I do not use the aloe gel. I mix 50/50 and apply to wet freshly washed hair. Plastic cap while I finish my shower, then rinse with lots of warm water.
    Callie sez *meep*
    justgreen judiciously journals
    Lady Emeralde Justyce in the Order of the Long Hair Knights