Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SMT's and honey for conditioning?

Length
    BSL/Waist/BSL
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: SMT's and honey for conditioning?

I don't use AVG, as it tends to dry my hair out. So half V05 Moisture Mlks and honey.

Length
    ?/26/30++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyfire3 View Post
    So honey doesn't lighten hair? Does it make hair more moistuirzed? I really want to try it now that I know it doesn't lighten
    Some people here claim honey has natural peroxide and thus lightens the hair. I'm used to doing academic and scientific research on the internet and have not found this claim, or concrete scientific evidence supporting it, anywhere. Nor did my tests of hair soaked in SMT mixtures for several days show any difference to the samples not soaked. My husband has a PhD in chemistry and says the idea that honey is some kind of natural bleach is nonsense.

But this is LHC, so to each their own. You are free to believe what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by littlestarface View Post
    It never lightned my hair and I use it everytime I condition my hair and my hair is black no lightening what so ever. It is a great moisturizer and I use it for conditioning treatments everytime without microwaving first.
    Exactly. Same for me. I WANTED it to lighten my hair - it didn't. It didn't lighten DH's hair either and I do SMTs on him pretty regularly.

Honey face masks have never bleached my clothes. SMTs have never bleached my towels, and most of my towels are dark. I never microwave or heat SMTs, can't be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by justgreen View Post
    For me, honey is all about the moisture. It's a natural humectant and water soluble. Win/win.
    Yep. And it is antibacterial too, good for those of us with scalp issues. I use it any time my scalp is feeling itchy.
    Feb 2013, solid BSL again but shedding. Wondering if this is really terminal length. Hairtype 1b/2b, F/M, ii

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Katze View Post
    Some people here claim honey has natural peroxide and thus lightens the hair. I'm used to doing academic and scientific research on the internet and have not found this claim, or concrete scientific evidence supporting it, anywhere. Nor did my tests of hair soaked in SMT mixtures for several days show any difference to the samples not soaked. My husband has a PhD in chemistry and says the idea that honey is some kind of natural bleach is nonsense.

But this is LHC, so to each their own. You are free to believe what you want.

Exactly. Same for me. I WANTED it to lighten my hair - it didn't. It didn't lighten DH's hair either and I do SMTs on him pretty regularly.

Honey face masks have never bleached my clothes. SMTs have never bleached my towels, and most of my towels are dark. I never microwave or heat SMTs, can't be bothered.

Yep. And it is antibacterial too, good for those of us with scalp issues. I use it any time my scalp is feeling itchy.
    Same for me too I never seen anything get lightened with honey and I use it alot and for my face too and nope nothing and I have very dark hair.