Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oil of Oregano for hair growth...

Length
    12.5/19/32 in
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Oil of Oregano for hair growth...

I have a very itchy scalp and have always had scalp issues my whole life. It's calmed down a lot from no longer chemically treating it in the past couple years but still itchy and flaky at times and as soon as my scalp gets oily it's unbearable.

Anyways, I know Oil of oregano is an antifungal, antibacterial, and basically natures strongest antibiotic, clears up up candida and yeast infections easily and is a cure all for sooo many things so I started looking up information about it on the scalp and it is said to increase hair growth, cleanse the scalp and make hair healthier and reduce baldness!

So, I just started mixing it in with my CO washes but it's too soon to tell if it's working since I've only used it for less than a week, I was wondering if because it can clear up all those scalp issues including anything involving candida/yeast if it may be somewhat comparable to what Monistat does for hairgrowth. Except this would be a healthier more natural approach with less side effects. Has anyone tried oil of oregano on their hair?

I'm going to give it a few more weeks and see if I notice any added growth and will update you guys and if anyone else has any experience with Oil of Oregano I'd love to hear it!!

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I'm only using 2-4 drops of the oil in my CO washes but perhaps mixing it with a little water or carrier oil and applying it directly to the scalp would be a way to see faster growth, as with the Monistat. The thing with Oil of Oregano is it can sting and burn the skin at it's at full concentration, so it MUST be diluted in some way and never used full strength. I just figured adding it to my CO washes would help with my scalp but perhaps I can add a more potent application in for added growth????? Just brainstorming lol
    Last edited by Mrsbaybeegurl; April 15th, 2012 at 06:44 PM.

Length
    20/27/36
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Oil of Oregano for hair growth...

Oh wow, I hadn't heard of that before but it sounds really interesting. It makes sense that it would probably help provide optimum conditions for growth if nothing else, no? And anything that takes care of itchy scalp is a blessing.

I can't claim to have any experience, but I want to try it out now myself. I look forward to your updates!

Length
    14"/32"/39"
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

This does sound fantastic. I've been looking into what to put in a mix of oils for my scalp, and if what you say is true I think this will be on the list! I look forward to hearing updates, and I'll post mine if/when I have them...

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Enabler!!!!
    I just got some to try. Besides, if it doesn't work for the hair, it has many other uses that i am sure i can put it to the test Thank you for the informative post!
    ..: Amethyste ~ The Manic Panicked Thereminist :..
    www.soundcloud.com/amethyste

Length
    28/45/36
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

Waits and watches thread!
    * Ann @ Last.FM * Hair Journal *
    I'm past goal, I don't know what I'm doing now.

watching too. don't think I have any products or oils with oregano.. I have some with basil though!

Length
    12.5/19/32 in
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Hi guys, glad you found this thread worth of watching

Just wanted to give a slight update that I only used this twice b/c I am doing with my CO washes, but am leaving my CO with the oil or oregano sit on my head for about an hour before rinsing, no crazy growth or anything yet but my scalp feels much better! The second time I did it I noticed I had a lot of flakes that must have been lifted from my scalp because it was noticeable in my hair when wet, but not once it dried because they basically combed out. It was almost as if my scalp was shedding some of the older residue from my oily scalp falkes, but not in a dry scalp way...hard to explain but bottom line it was a good sign to me.

I also find that the odor of the oil of oregano is very strong but mixed in with my Suave coconut conditioner, it's almost undetectable.

I do want to try a stronger application to see whether it can totally clear up my scalp and maybe cause some noticeable growth but have to get my hands on a color applicator bottle and don't have any on hand so have to make a special trip to Sally's for that and haven't been able to make my way there yet.

I'll keep you posted

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I finally got my shipment of OoO (fun acronym!) and I put it to work last night. The one I got is of 83-85% Carvacol strength. i read the warning to not put this directly on the skin unless diluted a bit. So I melted some coconut oil and then added about 10 drops of the OoO to the mixture. I applied it to the scalp and massaged a little bit. the smell was very pleasant, and I beleive promoted a better night of sleep as well! i cannot tell if it will help with the growth, but it sure feels good on my scalp! i'll report in a month or so....

Length
    3/28/30+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

sounds like a neat idea! I have a full bottle of Oil of Oregano in my bathroom. Usually I use it for plantar warts. Have also used it internally to balance (bad) yeast and flora. Can't say I like the smell....or the taste :P
    Up in a bun, away from baby fists!!!

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Barely.there ~ could you please tell me "how" you take internally the OoO?
    I'd like to maybe add this to my supplements, but I am a little afraid of the taste and the side effects? I'd appreciate your input. Thank you