Thread: Oil of Oregano for hair growth...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    12.5/19/32 in
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Oil of Oregano for hair growth...

I have a very itchy scalp and have always had scalp issues my whole life. It's calmed down a lot from no longer chemically treating it in the past couple years but still itchy and flaky at times and as soon as my scalp gets oily it's unbearable.

Anyways, I know Oil of oregano is an antifungal, antibacterial, and basically natures strongest antibiotic, clears up up candida and yeast infections easily and is a cure all for sooo many things so I started looking up information about it on the scalp and it is said to increase hair growth, cleanse the scalp and make hair healthier and reduce baldness!

So, I just started mixing it in with my CO washes but it's too soon to tell if it's working since I've only used it for less than a week, I was wondering if because it can clear up all those scalp issues including anything involving candida/yeast if it may be somewhat comparable to what Monistat does for hairgrowth. Except this would be a healthier more natural approach with less side effects. Has anyone tried oil of oregano on their hair?

I'm going to give it a few more weeks and see if I notice any added growth and will update you guys and if anyone else has any experience with Oil of Oregano I'd love to hear it!!

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I'm only using 2-4 drops of the oil in my CO washes but perhaps mixing it with a little water or carrier oil and applying it directly to the scalp would be a way to see faster growth, as with the Monistat. The thing with Oil of Oregano is it can sting and burn the skin at it's at full concentration, so it MUST be diluted in some way and never used full strength. I just figured adding it to my CO washes would help with my scalp but perhaps I can add a more potent application in for added growth????? Just brainstorming lol
    Last edited by Mrsbaybeegurl; April 15th, 2012 at 06:44 PM.