Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell me your experience eating gelatin for hair

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

Default Tell me your experience eating gelatin for hair

I've heard that eating or drinking gelatin may be helpful in growing stronger hair or growing hair faster. I'm sure many members have tried this themselves and I would be very interested in hearing your experiences. I know that gelatin isn't a complete protein but the amino acids that are in it are the ones needed by hair the most. It sounds like it would be beneficial doesn't it?
    If you took gelatin, did you take capsules, packages, Jell-O and how much did you take? I sound so nosey, sorry!
    High Priestess Milkthystle of Glowing Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    24/32.5/38
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Tell me your experience eating gelatin for hair

I am interested in this. Edgar Cayce recommended eating shredded vegetables in gelatin daily for health too. I want to try this but I do not have any experience with it yet.

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Tigermama View Post
    I am interested in this. Edgar Cayce recommended eating shredded vegetables in gelatin daily for health too. I want to try this but I do not have any experience with it yet.
    Everytime I hear about something Edgar Cayce has said it is so interesting! One of the reasons I'm thinking about gelatin is because there is some evidence that it is soothing to the stomach lining.
    High Priestess Milkthystle of Glowing Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    14/25/35
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii/iii

I've been taking 2 capsules 2-3 times a day. But since I've only been doing it for about a week, its a little early for results. I figure I'll try it for a couple of months and see if it makes a difference.

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

So funny you mention gelatin for hair. Years ago, I read a very weird story excerpt in a magazine about a former beauty pageant contestant and her daughter. She told her daughter that she should eat tons upon tons of gelatin so that her nails and hair grow long. Her daughter grew extremely beautiful but then liquefied due to the gelatin and the mother scooped her up and kept her in a jar.

Such a weird story, but every time I think of gelatin and hair, I think of that eerie story.

Sorry for the thread hijack! Wish I had more to offer as to the actual subject, but thought I'd share. Perhaps anyone knows the story?

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by HintOfMint View Post
    So funny you mention gelatin for hair. Years ago, I read a very weird story excerpt in a magazine about a former beauty pageant contestant and her daughter. She told her daughter that she should eat tons upon tons of gelatin so that her nails and hair grow long. Her daughter grew extremely beautiful but then liquefied due to the gelatin and the mother scooped her up and kept her in a jar.

Such a weird story, but every time I think of gelatin and hair, I think of that eerie story.

Sorry for the thread hijack! Wish I had more to offer as to the actual subject, but thought I'd share. Perhaps anyone knows the story?
    Not sure if I want to laugh or freak out!

Length
    22/33/36
    Type
    2c/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by HintOfMint View Post

I was interested in this until I read this story. I don't want to turn into gelatin!
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
    apl-bsl-waist-hip

I do this for my nails, and it works wonderfully. I only do it when I break one very far down though, which is painful, so I try to amp up the nail growing with jello. Usually we avoid it due to dyes, but if mama breaks a nail, my 4 y r old is happy with the jello found in the fridge.

Length
    shrug/33/45
    Type
    3a/F/ii

I used to eat jelly cubes for my nails when I was younger. Really helped strengthen them, I didn't noitce any difference in my hair but at that time in my life I had minimal interest in my hair! lol

I suppose it could help, I mean, aren't hair and nails made of similar stuff? And what do you lose from trying? I think I might have another go at this!

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by longNred View Post
    I do this for my nails, and it works wonderfully. I only do it when I break one very far down though, which is painful, so I try to amp up the nail growing with jello. Usually we avoid it due to dyes, but if mama breaks a nail, my 4 y r old is happy with the jello found in the fridge.
    That is so cute! I remember loving Jello when I was a kid too, especially red which I guess an adult would call cherry flavored.