Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tell me your experience eating gelatin for hair

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: Tell me your experience eating gelatin for hair

Quote Originally Posted by RedRendezvous View Post
    Mine are the 600mg capsules as well (from Walmart). I haven't noticed an increase in my energy level, but its only been a couple of days. It would be really great if it did give me a bit of a boost!
    OK, so we're taking the average or recommended dose. I was reading something somewhere (you know googling) about gelatin helping joints in addition to nails and hair. That would be great since I'm older and having some arthritis. I read that people in developed countries eat the muscle meat portions and don't eat the cartilege or what we would call gristle and that is the part of the animal that has the amino acids for hair and joints. So gelatin is cartilege (and other stuff) and the stuff we miss in our diets when we eat just the tasty tender meats. I hope I explained that clearly, if not I'm sorry.
    High Priestess Milkthystle of Glowing Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    14/25/35
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii/iii

Looks like according to the old thread you need to take it for 3 months before you start seeing any results. I'm willing to stick with it at least that long.

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

I don't have a problem with trying it for 3 months or more either because it's so affordable! Compared to other supplements like CoQ10 that my husband takes, gelatin is kinda cheap. I'm going to spend some google time on this today and if I find anything interesting I'll put it on this thread.
    Last edited by swearnsue; April 14th, 2012 at 03:12 PM. Reason: spelling
    High Priestess Milkthystle of Glowing Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    14/25/35
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by swearnsue View Post
    I'm don't have a problem with trying it for 3 months or more either because it's so affordable! Compared to other supplements like CoQ10 that my husband takes, gelatin is kinda cheap. I'm going to spend some google time on this today and if I find anything interesting I'll put it on this thread.

No kidding on the CoQ10! My DH takes it too. That stuff is freaking ridiculous!

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by RedRendezvous View Post
    No kidding on the CoQ10! My DH takes it too. That stuff is freaking ridiculous!
    I wait for it to be on special offer then stock up. I do find myself nervous to take it in case i run out and there are no deals though lol.

As for gelatin, i remember in other threads on this a member had alot of success with it. I did buy some and wanted to try it but i can't bring myself to eat the stuff. Apparently the amount in jelly isn't really that much and you need the sachets to get the required amount.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Length
    15"/BSL/hip
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I take gelatin capsules that have 10 grain in them from Puritan's Pride. On the back it says 1g protein - gelatin 1,300 mg (1.3 g) that is in (2 capsules I think) It says to take 2 at each meal & 2 at bedtime - so a total of 8 I take.
    I have been taking them for over a yr. I DID NOT notice any difference in my hair or nails. BUT I take them for joint pain & tinnitus. I ran out of them a few months back & I did not refill them but then the tinnitus & the joint pain came back in my hips again really bad, so I just started to retake them again. I hope that it will work again!

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Fairlight63 View Post
    I take gelatin capsules that have 10 grain in them from Puritan's Pride. On the back it says 1g protein - gelatin 1,300 mg (1.3 g) that is in (2 capsules I think) It says to take 2 at each meal & 2 at bedtime - so a total of 8 I take.
    I have been taking them for over a yr. I DID NOT notice any difference in my hair or nails. BUT I take them for joint pain & tinnitus. I ran out of them a few months back & I did not refill them but then the tinnitus & the joint pain came back in my hips again really bad, so I just started to retake them again. I hope that it will work again!
    That is so encouraging about the relief of joint pain! Thank you so much for posting your experience. If it worked for you before I don't see why it won't work again, I certainly hope so. Hip pain isn't fun. Take care.

Length
    15"/BSL/hip
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Thank you, swearnsue

Type
    2b/2c/F/i

I looked at plain gelatin (Dr Oetker in the UK), but couldn't face it! I'm impatiently waiting for gelatin capsules to arrive.

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by pelicano View Post
    I looked at plain gelatin (Dr Oetker in the UK), but couldn't face it! I'm impatiently waiting for gelatin capsules to arrive.
    I've been taking capsules and eating flavored gelatin (Jell-O) for a couple of weeks now. It's way to early to tell if it helps with hair or joints yet but I really like eating the Jell-O!