Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: a place.. only to talk about hair? :P

Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Talking a place.. only to talk about hair? :P

Hello all,

So my dad comes behind me to ask what I was doing. I said on LHC, he's all like and I laugh at him and he just asks: "Is it only to talk about hair?" I didn't want to explain about the other boards so I am like yes it is. He just shakes his head saying it has become an obsession and what has the world come to hahah

I had to share my story, have any of you had similar where a close one or person looked at you mad because of LHC?
    Lady SpiralSong of the Everwinding Tales in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    3/28/30+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: a place.. only to talk about hair? :P

haha thats funny.

My hubby has his own forum that he frequents, and I have LHC. We got groupies. lol.
    Up in a bun, away from baby fists!!!

Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

lol see I knew I wasn't the only one! My dad just can't believe there is a place to talk about hair (since no one wants to hear me at home!) and people with longer hair than mines!
    Lady SpiralSong of the Everwinding Tales in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

My husband thinks about hair, Shampoo Rinse Repeat. What else is there to know? But he likes that I'm growing my hair out from a shaved head so he is supportive. He has all his fishing and gun websites and who knows what else he turns off real quick when I walk in! LOL.
    High Priestess Milkthystle of Glowing Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

My Dad thinks I'm mad if I mention hair forums. Funnily enough he shuts up when I point out he's played over 18k games of Solitaire on his computer.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

My kid likes my avatar here.... but he looked at me kinda weird when I explained that some lady I'd never met before made it for me because I'm an odd kind of "hair-superheroine" in this pretend land that we live in!

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    3/28/30+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

My husband actually has long hair too. its about BSL since I cut off 6 inches from it last week. So he and I talk about hair care sometimes although he isnt as crazy in depth about it as I am ;D
    Up in a bun, away from baby fists!!!

Length
    17"/30"/50"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Yes and no..

The odd facial expression has been pretty standard whenever someone has caught me on here..

Luckily DBF thinks this place is awesome - Honestly, he loves sneaking a peek at the forums when I'm browsing he's a BIG fan of long hair and finds my obsession cute, lol! Not that he's ever gonna grow long hair himself.... he thought I was joking the first time he saw me with a bottle of ACV in the bathroom, but I think he's becoming immune!

The rest of my family has always found it a bit strange - I was still living at home when I joined this place..
    So now, I don't check the boards when I'm at my parents' house.. the jokes would never stop!
    - "If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable"

Length
    chin/APL/Class
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

My husband just kinda shook his head at me, but we both have our oddities, and he's used to it now. I wish he wouldn't cut his hair so short, but so far, no such luck!
    Lady Vallena, Duchess of The Land Of Passion Flowers in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Chin - Shoulder - APL - BSL - Waist - Hip -Tailbone - Classic

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

My family thinks I'm kinda crazy when i talk about my hair, they don't understand what changes about it, what is good for it, how it all works, i get weird looks and remarks at making potion things for my hair, especially when they don't work....then, forget it! They hate hearing about my hair, they actually ignore me now when i talk about it, I love them, but they just don't share this obsession, my SO LOVES my long hair, he listens most of the time, but the rest of the family both in the house and around us, they just don't get it, they rremark it looks ok or a bit longer, but they don't share the joys or dissapointment with me.
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)