Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Return of Snowymoon's Hair Massage Technique

Length
    chin/APL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Default Return of Snowymoon's Hair Massage Technique

Hi all! Has anyone kept up with this technique? I was able to access this through the old boards, but if you can't, here is a link: http://archive.longhaircommunity.com...ad.php?t=15976

I don't know why I can't see the pictures, but I've been trying this based off what Snowymoon wrote and I have seen noticeable growth! I started in June and I've seen an inch of growth since then- not big for some people, but for a girl who used to get about 1/2 inch growth every six months, this is a cause for celebration

Has anyone else tried this?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.
    Study hard. Be evil.

Length
    shdlr/30.5/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Default Re: Return of Snowymoon's Hair Massage Technique

I am totally going to try this tonight!

Length
    ?/20/27
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I've been using this technique (well, a slightly modified version) for the past week or so. I probably won't notice any growth for a few weeks, but it does seem to be well distributing oils through much of my hair. I do think that this method of distributing sebum does make the hair healthier.

Length
    APL/APL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

I'll be trying this asap!!! Thank you

Length
    chin/APL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

I have also noticed that it seems to delay my washes by spreading out the oils. I have been able to go 5 days, which is great for such a fine hair like me Unfortunately, there has also been an increase in the number of hairs that fall out when I do this, but I hope it's increasing growth. Is that possible?
    Study hard. Be evil.

Length
    shdlr/30.5/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

I did this last night (I CO washed yesterday morning) and this morning my curl is all gone and my roots are greasy . I know that the previous thread mentioned an increased sebum production after this as well as fine haired folks getting greasy. The problem is that it didn't feel like I was moving the sebum down at all Do I keep trying?

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

This sounds promising. I may have to give it a try for a month or two. What the heck, can't hurt!
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.

Length
    n/a/37"/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by amaiaisabella View Post
    I have also noticed that it seems to delay my washes by spreading out the oils. I have been able to go 5 days, which is great for such a fine hair like me Unfortunately, there has also been an increase in the number of hairs that fall out when I do this, but I hope it's increasing growth. Is that possible?
    I also get increased shedding when I do this kind of scalp massage. I thought too that it perhaps was a sign of increased growth, and that the shedding was an initial problem that would pass when my scalp got more used to massage. Unfortunately I did not notice any decrease in the shedding, so I quit after two weeks because I didn't want to lose more hairs.

I have recently started to do a modified version of this massage technique - instead of moving the fingers around on my scalp, I "plant" them to the scalp and move my scalp around. I move my scalp in small circles, replace my fingers, move scalp around again and repeat until my entire scalp has been massaged. I also just fingercomb to move the sebum down instead of pulling the sebum down as described - I tend to pull too hard, and that does also seem to increase my shedding. My modified version is gentler on my hair during all moments, and I don't seem to get any increased shedding by doing it this way. I don't know yet if my growth has increased - it's too soon to measure any particular difference.

1c/2a/F/ii, current length 37"
    BCL (37") reached! Next minigoal: TBL (40"). Final goal: Terminal

Length
    chin/APL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

NurseMama, I would keep trying for a few more days before making a decision one way or another

I mostly just massage my head, and then run my fingers down to the ends of my hair to "spread" the oils. I'm still not sure I'm doing it precisely right, because I don't "tug" at the roots, but my growth has increased, so that's always good!
    Study hard. Be evil.

Length
    22/24.3/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I have recently started to do a modified version of this massage technique - instead of moving the fingers around on my scalp, I "plant" them to the scalp and move my scalp around. I move my scalp in small circles, replace my fingers, move scalp around again and repeat until my entire scalp has been massaged. I also just fingercomb to move the sebum down instead of pulling the sebum down as described - I tend to pull too hard, and that does also seem to increase my shedding. My modified version is gentler on my hair during all moments, and I don't seem to get any increased shedding by doing it this way. I don't know yet if my growth has increased - it's too soon to measure any particular difference.
    This is also what I do. I like the way this feels and I am getting the same affect.

I also do not always put my head upside down, it's awkward for me to do that sometimes, but I'm sure this does have an affect on the outcome.