Page 81 of 238 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Show me your Paranda/Parandi

On the hunt for terminal. SerinaDaith's Avatar
    Colorado is my physical home but I spend a lot of time in my mind. It's safer that way.
    Length
    .5 in/.5 in/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Default Re: Show me your Paranda/Parandi

WaitingSoLong, bent lightweight knitting needles are kind of like hair forks, I picked up a package of sock needles and bent them by hand around a sharpy, the hold really well! Torin Page on youtube has a couple of tutorials they are my broke girls new hair toys, I thought using them while I have yarn in my hair would be sort of fun it has been up all day! I will try to add a pic before I take it down if I remember!
    Lady Seredhiel in the Order of the Longhaired Knights. Current body mark: BSL+, Goal length, terminal.No trims in 2013. Henna head. Crazy craft guru.Crunchy Mommy.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

WaitingSoLong - oh my gosh, your braidwaves are stunning!

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Thanks for the compliments guys!

I think I will have to try the bent knitting needles! I have been needing to go to our fabric store (it is far away) for awhile so now I have another reason to go.

When you said bent, all I could think was like a boomerang LOL.

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Colorado is my physical home but I spend a lot of time in my mind. It's safer that way.
    Length
    .5 in/.5 in/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Maybe this will work. You should be able to see the needles on the right and I moved one and was busy so I obviously did not place it well :P

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by SerinaDaith; April 5th, 2013 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Fighting with my photo site
    Lady Seredhiel in the Order of the Longhaired Knights. Current body mark: BSL+, Goal length, terminal.No trims in 2013. Henna head. Crazy craft guru.Crunchy Mommy.

Length
    .5 in/.5 in/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

My bun is so puny even with the paranda that the needles also stick out to the left if you look really closely. That was way more work to post then it was to make :P

Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

serina: I bought some knitting needles today. They are 7 inches long, double pointed, 3.5mm. There were smaller diameter ones but I HATED the colors (bright green, hot pink). I am a drab color person so I got the 3.5mm because they were the most neutral color in the smaller sizes. Do you think I will be able to bend them? I am sure DH COULD, but wonder if they would turn out neat or not. He has pretty good skills in that area, he used to bend conduit when he was a construction electrician, however, he no longer has that equipment. Are they too thick do you think?

FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Sunscreen obsessed weirdo kaydana's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingSoLong View Post
    serina: I bought some knitting needles today. They are 7 inches long, double pointed, 3.5mm. There were smaller diameter ones but I HATED the colors (bright green, hot pink). I am a drab color person so I got the 3.5mm because they were the most neutral color in the smaller sizes. Do you think I will be able to bend them? I am sure DH COULD, but wonder if they would turn out neat or not. He has pretty good skills in that area, he used to bend conduit when he was a construction electrician, however, he no longer has that equipment. Are they too thick do you think?
    I think I've bent ones that size before without any issues. I'd use something a bit more solid than a sharpie to bend them though, so you can put a bit more pressure on them. I bend all of mine around a door knob/door handle, they work really well for that. I recommend marking the centre (whiteboard markers work well because you can rub it off afterwards) before bending them, or chances are they'll end up wonky.

Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingSoLong View Post
    If you search the site for DPN or double point needles you'll get TONS of threads about how to bend and decorate them.

Length
    .5 in/.5 in/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

What they said. I have dark hair so I like a little color, that and I tend to wear a lot of black so anytime I find a way to add just a touch of color I go for it! I haven't bent anything thicker then the low diameter needles but Torrin has some thick ones her DH did for her so I assume that it can be done as long as you take it slow.

Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by kaydana View Post
    I think I've bent ones that size before without any issues. I'd use something a bit more solid than a sharpie to bend them though, so you can put a bit more pressure on them. I bend all of mine around a door knob/door handle, they work really well for that. I recommend marking the centre (whiteboard markers work well because you can rub it off afterwards) before bending them, or chances are they'll end up wonky.
    Good suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by kpzra View Post
    If you search the site for DPN or double point needles you'll get TONS of threads about how to bend and decorate them.
    Yes I will do this.