Page 29 of 238 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Show me your Paranda/Parandi

Length
    pixie/clssc/clssc
    Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: Show me your Paranda/Parandi

Thanks for the info, Mai. I do insert my pins parallel but they still show that way. My braid is thin and flat enough that the tips poke out. I have used the claw clips successfully but I think they distract somewhat from the crown effect -the "no show" look is so pretty.
    avatar image from Blondine and Bonne-Biche by Virginia Frances Sterrett

Length
    Pixie/31/35
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Cool! I like how you braided it in with your hair to make it look longer.

Length
    20APL/17”/More!
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Jing View Post
    It does, it does. The paranda works very well against it! I'm a bit loathe to find out what colours look good with my hair, because it's got some red in it and I am not a fan of warm colours.
    My hair is dark brown with a bit of red. I don't particularlly like most warm colors, either. But cool colors can give a lovely contrast. Colors that look good in my hair include greens, blues, and purples. There are so many variations in these colors that you can undoubtedly find a shade that works really well with your particular color. My hair particularly likes certain shades of teal and of sage or mossy greens. Deep purples and light violets can also work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Gloeckchen View Post
    I made this for the Hairstyle-of-the-month-thread.
    I love it.
    This is beautiful! May ask what kind of yarn you used? I love the finer texture.

Length
    pixie/clssc/clssc
    Type
    1b/F/i

Here is my paranda. A couple strands from the tail worked their way loose over the course of the day. I used silk floss since my hair is so thin and fine, I thought it was better suited to floss rather than yarn. I tried to match my haircolor as best as I could, but ash brown is apparently not a very common color!

Length
    15"/BSL/hip
    Type
    2a/F/ii

VERY pretty, Islandboo! You have beautiful hair!

Length
    chin/WST33/TB37
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

i'm loving everybody parandi! (is that right, parandi is the plural, right...?)

theres an Indian shop-owner near me who's going to see about getting a couple shipped to India for me i would just have them shipped myself, but everywhere wants a LOT for shipping! i've asked her to try to get a teal one and a gold/yellow one-- i'm excited! but i know shipping's going to take a while.... in the meantime i DO plan to make my own, but i'm excited for the ones with the pretty tassles
    “U hve ur way.I hve my way.As 4 the right way,the correct way,& the only way,it does not exist.”FriedrichNietzsche
    Chin::Shldr::APL:: BSL::::Wst:: Hip

Length
    29"/39,5"/45"
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I have to add something, maybe I was misunderstood: I only pin at thu bun at the base of the crown. The braid itself, which forms the crown is not pinnend. You simply have to try a bit, where to place it, that it stays in place on its own.

regrowth after big shed // fairy-hair // on my way to classic length

longhairblog (german & english) haselnussblond.blogspot.de

Length
    pixie/clssc/clssc
    Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Gloeckchen View Post
    I have to add something, maybe I was misunderstood: I only pin at thu bun at the base of the crown. The braid itself, which forms the crown is not pinnend. You simply have to try a bit, where to place it, that it stays in place on its own.
    Ohhhh!!!!<sound of dawning comprehension> It really just sits on your crown with no pins? Awesome!!!

Length
    chin/SL/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Faery View Post
    My hair is dark brown with a bit of red. I don't particularlly like most warm colors, either. But cool colors can give a lovely contrast. Colors that look good in my hair include greens, blues, and purples. There are so many variations in these colors that you can undoubtedly find a shade that works really well with your particular color. My hair particularly likes certain shades of teal and of sage or mossy greens. Deep purples and light violets can also work for me.
    I'll just have to grab some samples and a camera some day. Luckily I have boatloads of old embroidery thread, so there's no shortage of colour samples.

Length
    Chin/???/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

This is fantastic! I just made a paranda (parandi?) out of some superwash merino wool that I had leftover after knitting a hat for my daughter this winter. I can't take pics yet, as DH took the camera on a hunting trip and I have yet to discover where he stashed it when he returned. Pics when (and if) I find it. What a great way to use the leftover yarn that inevitably remains after a project.

What kind of buns do you find work best with this type of braid? My hair is too thick to do a braided bun with at my current (BSL) length, so I have no braided bun experience. Right now I have the braid wrapped up in a lazy knot, which is the only bun I can do with my hair when not adorned with a paranda.

Now, off to make another one out of some leftover Malabrigo 100% Merino Wool. It's already been made into a hat and some arm warmers, time to repurpose what is left!
    "There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish the light of one small candle." - Spanish Proverb
    Hip length to Pixie, now growing long again. Currently past SL, heading to APL.