Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: I'm quite lucky really

Length
    shld/hip/tbl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Default Re: I'm quite lucky really

I have always gone through cycles of long hair and short hair although I am not going to cut it short again way to much work. I remember being like 8 or 9 and going with my dad to cut off my hipish length hair to chin length, when I was 15 I went and chopped off my waist+ hair to just above shoulder and then I really got into hair dye and dyed my hair just about every color there is. And now I am going mine out to between hip and bcl but focusing on cutting off layers while around wasit ish length.

Length
    35/hip/-
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I must be the exception, because I've never really gone through that experimentation phase. The shortest my hair has ever been was about BSL, and that was only briefly: other than that, it's always been somewhere between waist and tailbone.

A few years back I did yearn for a change, and considered a drastic cut... but then I decided to grow longer instead. At least time goes faster the older you get.
    From Hip to Ankle and now back to Hip again.

I never really decided to have long hair or to grow my hair out. I hit knee length when I was 15 and started trimming a little every year, then I hit floor length when I was 18 and started to maintain at ankle length. So, I really don't remember ever having short hair (shoulder length when I was 4.5 years old).
    ~Carrie Ingalls
    Most recent trim 5-11-2013, 8" (back to mid calf), pictures updated 10-10-2011. My sis Grace Ingalls trimmed 11.25" (her first ever haircut) to ankle at the end of March 2012.

Length
    CHIN/BSL/LONG!

I first grew my hair out when I was 15 until I was about 19 it was about hip length and I cut back to shoulder I was bored at the hairdressers waiting for a friend of mine who was cutting and colouring her hair. I made a snap decision to cut mine too. I ended up with a shoulder length cut with a fringe permed down the bottom the perm didnt take well since I had hennaed religiously during growing out. So I thought in for a penny in for a pound and its been every colour under the sun since then and cut again and again. It was only about 2 years ago at the age of 23 I decided to grow again I loved having long hair and I missed all the styles I could do with it. My original goal as a teenager was knee length now I decided to grow to terminal. I am glad I got to experiment with my hair though.

Length
    23 in/29 in/34 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I think I did the opposite to you. I had hair to my butt when I was in primary school and then when I got to high school I started cutting it shorter and shorter until I got to chin length. It took me until I was about 15 to decide to grow it out again only to cut it again to chin in Year 12.

In some ways when you are older time seems to pass a little quicker.

Whatever your hair goals - best of luck.

Type
    1c/F/ii

I had very long hair several times when I was still in middle school, unfortunately I didn't know how to take care of it or style it, so I often got fed up and cut it off. Like others, I am glad to have all of my experimental cuts out of my life. I'm happy to know at least one part of my identity. I don't necessarily want long hair, I just don't want short hair anymore. I'd be happy with any goal from BSL to hip really. I didn't really start paying attention to the length until this site. Before, it always seemed long. Now, not so much, since I have images to reference.