Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: I'm quite lucky really

Length
    12/30 MB/Waist
    Type
    2a/C/ii/iii

Default Re: I'm quite lucky really

I have probably wanted to grow long hair about as long as I have grown long nails which is since I was 19. I have never put up the resistance to my parents to actually grow my hair because of all the trouble I had with them letting me grow my nails. Last year I finally just told them no more haircuts and I am letting it grow. I still take much flack for it since my parents don't see it as an option for men to have long hair. I get repeat reminders that they like my hair shorter.

I am now 52. I decided on having long hair somewhere in my 30s, and just resolved to never cut it again. So far, so good. It's now over 4 feet long. I am 5' 1" so it appears long, but it's nowhere near as long as other people I know who are far taller than I am. My hair is now mid-calf length, and that's where I keep it trimmed. It looks its best at this length.

heidi w.

By Lady Godiva
    Avatar Photo: Bruce Folck, Blue Dragon Photography. Profile Photo: LJC

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

I've never had hair much past BSL - and I decided mid forties that I wanted long hair, and joined LHC about that time. My hair was somewhere on my neck at the time, and now I am just barely BSL. So, new lenths - here I come! I have no idea how long my hair can grow, or how it will look, or anything else long hair related, but I am enjoying my journey, and hanging out here quite a bit!!

Length
    Buzz/37.5/35??
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I started growing my hair long at 13, then got an awful perm and started over with growing my hair long at 16. In the last few years my hair goals got messed up due to health problems causing major shedding (getting close to figuring out the problems & fixing them). For now my hair is shorter than I have had it in several years.

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

I have always liked long hair, but when I was a kid, it was always short. There was a girl in my 2nd grade class who had really long hair. IIRC, it was around waist-length. It was straight, and one day, she came in with curls. I asked her about how she got it to be curly, and she said she braided it and when she took the braids out, it was curly.

I think sometime at the end of middle school/beginning of high school, I started refusing to let my mom dictate the short hair cut to the stylist. My sophomore year in high school was the year I found my first split end, and my first gray hair. Since then, I've always been battling with split ends, but I hardly ever blow-dried my hair.

At some point, my grandma gave me satin pillowcases because she heard it helps with tangles. I used those all throughout high school, but when I moved away to college, they disappeared (I don't know if my mom still has them, but she might have thrown them out.)

I found this site when I decided to henna my hair. When I started reading it, all these memories came flooding back. (2nd grade girl who braid-curled her hair, my grandma's satin pillowcases...) I had no idea I was getting lessons on growing hair so long ago.

It's almost been a year since I've been lurking around on this site. I've been learning a lot!

Length
    -Chin/BSL/TB
    Type
    1b/F/M/i

I've wanted my long hair back since I cut it at 12... however I also get annoyed with/see someone with cool hair. Then I cut it and start to grow it again... I think it will be like that... forever! Well, until I get older at least... then I'll be an old granny with long hair xD
    -Chin ~ Shoulder ~ APL ~ BSL ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ TB

Indigo-optimist.blogspot.com

Length
    18/Cl/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by morrigan* View Post
    Well i don't really agree with OP, because when i was 13 there was no way i could go to shop and buy whatever haircare product i want, i didn't even know how to use internet to find stuff that help with growing healthy hair. So in that perspective is easier to grow hair when you are older.
    Very true. I wanted long hair as a teenager and wasn't allowed it. Maybe it was for the best because I would have had no idea how to take care of it and it would have looked a mess. At least now I can do my research properly.

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Anywhere View Post
    I don't see how it would be frustrating as an adult to grow out long hair though. You at 13 decide to grow out your hair. It will take time. Someone who is say, 20, or 40, or 60, will still decide at one point to grow out their hair and it will still take about the same time to achieve their goal.
    13 year olds are usually shorter than adults though - so the hair doesn't have as far to go! (^(oo)^)
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Length
    0"/23.5"/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i

I was about 24 when I started to grow my hair. At first it was just to see how long my hair got before it irritated me and I cut it off. I never really wanted long hair growing up, and didn't even plan on keeping my hair until after I let it grow for a couple of years. I'm just below my shoulder blades and I'm now waiting to see how long terminal will be for me.

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by luxepiggy View Post
    13 year olds are usually shorter than adults though - so the hair doesn't have as far to go! (^(oo)^)
    I've been the same height since I was like, 12. I guess I'm an early bloomer.

Lady Savitri of the Sunlight Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Hiding in the shadows ...