Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Henna, amla, keeping the henna red and my curl. Please help

Length
    sl/Waist/Hip

Default Re: Henna,amla, keeping the henna red and my curl. Please help

It seems day by day my hair just keeps getting straighter, go figure as the last time I hennaed was a good two months ago... I came across a thread on here entitled 'Sucessful henna removal, yes you are reading this correctly.' Or something along the lines of that. At this point i'm tempted to try it and see if once it's out my curl would come back and then maybe try to henna again whilst curling it. My fear with this is that removing the henna wont bring back my curl, for whatever reason, and ill be left with straight non-red and black hair. but I most definitely wont be trying the curling method as is, if my hair went any straighter I quite possibly would die(Excuse the dramatics). Has anyone here ever removed henna with the color Oops method? Did you see your texture come back?

warm weather enthusiast mrs_coffee's Avatar
    Length
    PIXIE/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

I used ColorFix to remove henna because I missed my natural wave. You can see in my avatar over there that my hair had gotten very straight from layers of henna. Some of my natural wave has returned, though not all of it. I'm hoping as my hair grows out more wave will come back.

Length
    sl/Waist/Hip

Did you manage to remove all your henna? Or does some still linger?

Length
    BSL/26.5"/HIP
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MaiCarInMtl View Post
    Jackie 75, as far as I've read, the cassia will tone down the red from your henna so if you mix it, don't expect the red that you're used to getting.
    Given your results though, I might try cassia a few days before my next henna treatment.
    I noticed that henna tends to dry out my hair. Booo!
    It sounds like you've been henna-ing much longer than I have, but you're not using lemon, are you? People say it dries out hair and isn't necessary for dye release. I don't know, as I've mostly been using chamomile tea instead.

Also, the three full hennas I did were henna/cassia, and my 2b/c hair hasn't lost its natural curl. All I've noticed is less frizz, whatever I do to it, but that could be because I've given up heat.

warm weather enthusiast mrs_coffee's Avatar
    Length
    PIXIE/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

I would say I removed about half of it. It's much less intense than it used to be, but in the sunlight my hair still has a red cast to it. I had a lot of layers though, at least 5 or 6 full applications.

Length
    sl/Waist/Hip

mrs coffee: I used ColorFix to remove henna because I missed my natural wave. You can see in my avatar over there that my hair had gotten very straight from layers of henna. Some of my natural wave has returned, though not all of it. I'm hoping as my hair grows out more wave will come back.
    I just used color Oops, and while my henna is somewhat lighter and definitely more orange than red, my curls are back from practically straight, kinks, loose corkscrews, waves and all

Length
    Pixie/CBL/APL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I recently read a book that said lighter colored hair will still turn red with a 1/2 henna 1/2 amla mix. It also recommended 1/2 henna 1/4 amla and 1/4 cassia. Can anyone attest to this mixture?