Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Henna, amla, keeping the henna red and my curl. Please help

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Henna,amla, keeping the henna red and my curl. Please help

Thank you for your answers I was thinking mixing with chamomile tea because I will use just a tsp of Amla so it might not be too acidic but I dont know if I can mix the
    3 chamomile tea+ amla+henna I don't mind browning of my henna but I'm scared of a weird color like green or something.

Maybe a very strong chamomile tea will be enough.
    henna is destroying my curls I have very fine hair wavy with ringlets and now is almost straight which I wouldn't mine if it has volume but is looking more of a flat iron straight without body so I'm torn between improving the condition of my hair or the flat hair without volume and this Amla thing got me thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisDreamer View Post
    If you do let me know how it works for you
    I definitely will

Quote Originally Posted by wavykisses View Post
    Thank you for your answers I was thinking mixing with chamomile tea because I will use just a tsp of Amla so it might not be too acidic but I dont know if I can mix the
    3 chamomile tea+ amla+henna I don't mind browning of my henna but I'm scared of a weird color like green or something.

Maybe a very strong chamomile tea will be enough.
    henna is destroying my curls I have very fine hair wavy with ringlets and now is almost straight which I wouldn't mine if it has volume but is looking more of a flat iron straight without body so I'm torn between improving the condition of my hair or the flat hair without volume and this Amla thing got me thinking.
    Hi there
    You shouldn't worry about Amla doing anything bad to your hair. It can only maybe dry your hair a bit and that is why I add oils or coconut milk as well as coconut cream and it is just fantastic results all the time. If it is your first time with Amla maybe do a test on your skin to make sure you are not Alergic or something. It does darken my hair but I have very light hair naturally and it never goes brown on me, it just gets a very dark red. Your hair will feel so fluffy and voluminous after amla, also very very shiny. It also helps my scalp get rid of dandruff . So good luck and if you do try it let us know

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

I let you know if I try it, I will do a patch a test first to see how I react to it thank you to all of you

Length
    24.75/30/34
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it before but mixing amla with your henna (in the same treatment) may tone down the red. It was only after almost 2 years of switching to henna that I noticed that the hint of curl/wave I used to have had disappeared. I just started using amla in hopes that the curl/wave would come back a bit... Some people have mentioned mixing amla with conditioner and honey.

Length
    Pixie/SL/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

This is the major reason why I stopped using henna...my curls totally disappeared, although it made my hair so soft and healthy looking!

Before I tried henna, I did a couple of cassia treatments and my hair hair curled up like crazy! Amazing stuff.

I'm thinking of using up the rest of my moroccan henna but use equal parts of cassia...maybe putting cassia in the mix might help? I don't know, but I thought I would throw that out there.

Length
    24.75/30/34
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jackie75 View Post
    Before I tried henna, I did a couple of cassia treatments and my hair hair curled up like crazy! Amazing stuff.

I'm thinking of using up the rest of my moroccan henna but use equal parts of cassia...maybe putting cassia in the mix might help? I don't know, but I thought I would throw that out there.
    Jackie 75, as far as I've read, the cassia will tone down the red from your henna so if you mix it, don't expect the red that you're used to getting.
    Given your results though, I might try cassia a few days before my next henna treatment.
    I noticed that henna tends to dry out my hair. Booo!

Type
    3a/M/ii

I keep my hair braided when hennaing and I add amla to the mix. I haven't noticed any loss of curl. Could you try hennaing braids without amla?
    Pyerre Mehendi Mage in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    My name is Indigo Montoya. You terped my henna. Prepare to dye!
    Pic by Renarok

Length
    Pixie/SL/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MaiCarInMtl View Post
    Jackie 75, as far as I've read, the cassia will tone down the red from your henna so if you mix it, don't expect the red that you're used to getting.
    Given your results though, I might try cassia a few days before my next henna treatment.
    I noticed that henna tends to dry out my hair. Booo!
    Oh, definitely it will dilute the red tones.... I was suggesting that for the curl factor.

Another thing you could try for the color alone is manic panic. I got a lovely red when I put vampire red over my hennaed hair.

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ThisDreamer View Post
    I had read somewhere online that someone hennaed for the first time and resulted in her hair losing all its wave and going practically pin straight. After that she swore off henna, chopped it off and let it grow back. Sometime later she got the urge to try it yet again, and wondering why people with lots of curl seemed to have much less to non-permanent texture loss than people with waves theorized it might have something to do with the way henna sat on the hair, so she applied it to her hair and then proceeded to put her into curls, whether it was with rollers or simply curling it then sticking a bobby pin into it I can't remember. The result she said was no loss of her waves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    I keep my hair braided when hennaing and I add amla to the mix. I haven't noticed any loss of curl. Could you try hennaing braids without amla?
    I'm so glad you started this! I've only done one henna so far, but it has definitely kicked a lot of my curl Next time I'll have to try braiding/curling it! Maybe both
    Lady Eruaistaniel, Wanderer of Ricketts Glen, in the Order of the Longhaired Knights!
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    ~ Mark Twain