Page 8 of 170 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer gift swap 2012!

Length
    APL/Clsc/Clsc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Summer gift swap 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by moxamoll View Post
    Ha! That reminds me, we went to see John Carter over the weekend. At one point, our heroine pulls an ornamental hair stick out of her 'do and stabs someone with it. I felt like cheering!
    Alexia Tarabotti, who is the heroine of the Parasol Protectorate books by Gail Carriger, did the same in Soulless. And yes, she killed the vamp (or whatever - the vamps are undead, after all...)
    (I love those books!!!)
    Lady Northern Lights, Keeper of the Gates of Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/APL/Waist

Count me in!

I only use natural-ish (no parabens, no cones, etc) products. I love to try new things, especially things I can't get where I'm from. My most recent big love is the UK brand Naked. I've also been wanting to try Vo5 CO- washing approved conditioners. I have thick wavy-curly hair. My hair is currently too short (almost shoulder) to do anything interesting with it But I'd really love to figure out how to wear it, haha.

I'm childish and love things fluffy and adorable. I'm a health freak and mostly vegan. I hardy eat candy. No allergies. I love writing, polaroids (taking and collecting), dogs (we have 2), HP, herbal tea, herbal medicine, Victorian times, reading, fairy tales, shabby chic, lab beakers (think the round ones at the bottom), fantasy, written tutorials on how to make your own (poison free) products, etc. And planning for my October wedding

Colors I like: Red, silver, green (no neon anything), pink, purple, brown.

I dislike things without a meaning, say dust- collectors that just sit around until 10 years later you do a major clean-out. Plastic, non- organic food, scented candles, jewelry, perfume and glitter. And please, please, please no lotions/face creams etc. I work at a place where one receives an overload of that from time to time

I don't mind used at all!
    Last edited by Totte; April 13th, 2012 at 02:17 AM. Reason: typo :)
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    Lady Silacaladhiel Of Skađin-awjō in The Order of The Long Haired Knights

Length
    24/40/CLC
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Count me - I have pm'd.

I have 41 inch super wavy hair. It is baby fine but I have a reasonable quantity.

I never wear my hair down but wear it bunned at all times. I am totally into rehomed toys etc - I am huge believer in recycling. These are my etsy favourites.
    http://www.etsy.com/people/mirandath...tes?ref=si_fav

I really like metal and acrylic sticks as my hair takes 2 days to fully dry in the winter and so I rarely wear wood. I need 5.5 inch functional length min on metal and 6 inch plus on everything else.
    I do wear wood but I am no grainiac - most woods blend into my hair. If I do wear wood it's got to contrast with my hair - so Holly and ebony for example. My hair can look peachy in some lights. My album has hair pictures in diffrent lights.
    I do wear forks but FPL must be in excess of 5 inches. My hair ate a two prong 5 inch FPL fork recently.
    I don't wear barrettes other than XL flexi-8. But I do like decorative bobby pins especially with leaves or flowers on them.
    That gets me onto the arts and craft movement. I am really into nature inspired stuff (provided it doesn't involve birds or fish). I adore William Morris designs or similar. Handmade stuff is amazing to me.

I also adore victorian gothic style items. I am really as secret victorian goth and happy in black and dark colours. I love floral items and lace.

Products - I am severe asthmatic - I can tolerate light natural oils, indian oils and essential oils (I use lavender, majoram etc with no trouble). I have to be really careful with artifical smells so it's best to avoid them. I can't tolerate scented candles.

I adore herbal tea and black teas like lapsang and earl grey. I love tea paraphenalia. I don't eat chocolate but do eat sweets (candy?) like boiled sweets etc and erm peanut related treats.

Colourwise - mossy or deep greens and emerald and black. I also adore intense blues (not light) right through to inky blue black. I also like amythest.
    Not really into neon or pastal though I do know in the context of flowers their natural colours are ok - think pansy, roses and my favourite the purple iris etc.

To me the fun is in the giving. I want to buy someone something that they might not get otherwise. for example my OH would never buy me a hairtoy! It's also great to shop for people with different taste. It opens the mind
    Last edited by Cupofmilk; May 27th, 2012 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Etsy link added
    Growing back length after a cut of 18 inches in December 09.

Length
    17"/23.5"/45"
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Count me in.

I am new to the hair toy fun, so, I currently dont own hairforks but I did buy a stick that is 5" and works ok.

I read alot, normally paranormal and fantasy, think game of thrones and true blood types. I was given a kindle for christmas and I love it, currently working my way through 380 books I have stored on it . Oh, I wonder if we could get a amazon bookswap going.

I have 2 cats which are my bosses, they mew and I come running. They like chasing feathers, wool, and me. Parandas are great amusement for them.

I like lipgloss/lipbalm as I have the awful habit of chewing my lips.

I like most colours, only ones I dont like are pink and orange. Royal blue matches my eyes, as does violet coulors. Although I dont like pink I do like Hello Kitty and at my age I should be embarrassed about this but meh (age is but a number!!)

I like odd history tales, spooky, scarey or just plain weird. So details of your areas history would be nice to recieve.

Things I dont like to get are: horn hairtoys, bubble bath ( I have a shower so bath stuff annoys me). I am a fussy eater so please dont send foods, oh wait apart from chocolate, I am female afterall. Oh anything thats breakable eg glass, I live with and care for 2 blind people, I would appreciate tactile items that cannot be broken.

I have asthma and I find that theres 3 scents that really trigger it and those are: lavender, sandlewood and hyacinth. I am also allergic to nickel, so most jewellery is not a option.

I think thats all

Length
    34"/45"/IDK
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Count me in please! I loved doing the winter swap and was waiting for this to come up. I'll ship within the US or international.

I'll edit in my likes later.

March 2014 - Almost to fingertip

Length
    SL-28/36/40
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

If you're still accepting participants count me in

Length
    APL/BSL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Can I join in? I've been in hiding for a while, but that doesn't mean I don't love you guys and gals I chopped my locks off last fall to get rid of old chem-dye/heat damage so I'm back at BSL again.

Things I love:
    my horse and all things horse related <3
    true blood
    colors: teal, orange, black, white
    scents: clove, vanilla, pumpkin, cinnamon, pretty much anything spice related
    2-3 prong woodenhair forks.
    fine tooth horn combs
    the die
    claw clips
    vw beetle and the vw bus
    ficcare's with chipped paint ( I like to strip them and customize them)
    drawing, painting, sculpting
    handmade gifts - how can you NOT like those....they're made personally for you!!
    Nightblooming's Panacea
    my favorite season is Autumn

Things I don't like so much:
    colors: purple, pink, pastel types
    scents: patchouli, floral (instant headache)
    hair sticks(fall out of my hair)

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by JessTheMess; April 17th, 2012 at 03:44 PM.

and PrinceVesuvius (Cat) PrincessBob's Avatar
    Length
    21"/54"/69"
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

Question Re: Summer gift swap 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by JessTheMess View Post
    Things I love:
    my horse and all things horse related <3
    true blood
    colors: teal, orange, black, white
    scents: clove, vanilla, pumpkin, cinnamon, pretty much anything spice related
    2-3 prong woodenhair forks.
    fine tooth horn combs
    the die
    claw clips
    vw beetle and the vw bus
    ficcare's with chipped paint ( I like to strip them and customize them)
    drawing, painting, sculpting
    handmade gifts - how can you NOT like those....they're made personally for you!!
    Nightblooming's Panacea
    my favorite season is Autumn
    Please explain which die you mean. A search for a definitive die turned up a song and a custom cutting website.
    The Cereduin ♫Melody Maker♪ and Bard
    in the Order of the Long Haired Knights and
    CrochetWizard
    Avatar: January 2014/ Credit Siggy: Snuggles, December 2013

Length
    62cm/92cm/FT
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBob View Post
    Please explain which die you mean. A search for a definitive die turned up a song and a custom cutting website.
    Oo! Oo! Can I guess? I think it's a typo and she meant Tie Die!
    "Snuggling is sex without the fluid exchange."

Length
    48 cm/86 cm/100+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

I'm in!

I have roughly 80 cm long hair, fine and thin, currently growing out henna, so no henna stuff! The usable length of my sticks are around 5 to 6 inches. Forks around 4 inches.

I like:
    Nature
    Hair sticks
    Forks
    Silk
    Ribbons
    Fantasy (especially unicorns)
    Cats
    Glitter
    Pagan stuff

Colours of happiness: Green, gold, silver, yellow, all kinds of colours found in a typical forest of some sort

I dislike:
    Headbands, and similar things which puts a pressure on my headache sensitive head
    Nickel
    Make-up
    Allergic to almond and kiwi
    Plastic stuff

Colours of not-so-much-happy: Blue, red

My Etsy favorites

This is so exciting! I have to look into my stash for things to give away
    Last edited by Konstifik; June 7th, 2012 at 11:58 AM.
    Chat with your fellow LHC'ers via IRC? CLICK HERE!