Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spin pins! What are the style options?

Length
    3"/Thigh/Term
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Spin pins! What are the style options?

So I finally got some spin pins! I have to admit I was nervous about trying them... They looked like the sort of thing that would become permanently entangled in my hair and never come out But I've seen so many positive LHC comments on them, so I finally got brave and gave them a try. They worked great in today's cinnamon bun! It stayed pretty much all day without any adjustment, and still felt pretty good when I took it out this evening (Looked a little sloppy, but still felt good )

What I'm wondering is, what else can I do with these little guys? Can I use them in pretty much any kind of bun, like a braided bun or a nautilus bun? Or are they pretty much only safe to use for a few basic twisted buns? I'm hoping I can use them for quite a few things, since they're a little more comfortable than Magic Grips, and I still haven't gotten my hair convinced to stay up with hairsticks.

I would appreciate any feedback anyone has! I loved 'em, but I'm still a little afraid to experiment. I don't want to end up with spin pins permanently stuck in my hair!

Also, does anybody know if you can buy spin pins with decorations on the top? I was thinking they would look so pretty, plus it would be easier to get a grip on them when you wanted to take them out.
    Proud puny-bunned stealth longhair.

Length
    15 in/18 in/35 in
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Spin pins! What are the style options?

Quote Originally Posted by RapunzelKat View Post

Also, does anybody know if you can buy spin pins with decorations on the top? I was thinking they would look so pretty, plus it would be easier to get a grip on them when you wanted to take them out.
    I did see spin pins that were very tiny with rhinestones on top. But I think they were for decoration or holding tiny pieces of hair in place, too small to actually hold a style.
    Enjoyed chin length for awhile but my hair sticks are calling!
    ................................Time to Grow!.

Length
    bsl/37"/50"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Oooh spin pins with decorations would be so cool!
    I use mine in pretty much all of my hairstyles - braided buns, cinnabuns etc.
    I usually combine them with bobby pins though. They're also good for this one - Loepsie's French antenna braid
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Classic I go
    Hairstyle Blog

Length
    BSL/clas/?
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

braided bun, seashell bus, braided seashell, french roll with seasell bun on top or over it, french roll with twisted roll on top - spin pins are fabulous. If they twist in, they will twist out.

Length
    pixie/TBL/45 in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I use them in a lazywrap bun,,a folded over french braid,a half up in a bun,a french twist.

Length
    29/32/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii/iii

Using Spin Pins with decorations sounds so...well...against the point, for me. I use them when I want to hold my hair up with "nothing" so my hair is the decoration! Sometimes I will use them with a stick if the stick can't do the job on its own, but even then I wouldn't want anything on my spin pins.

Hope that makes sense.

RapunzelKat I usually do a figure eight bun, and stash one spin pin in each loop. It holds quite well.
    But in the meantime I've got it hard - second floor living without a yard
    It may be years until the day - my dreams will match up with my pay

Length
    pixie/TBL/45 in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I use plain spin pins,I agree with AlabasterAlice.

Length
    3"/Thigh/Term
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Thank you for your suggestions, everyone! I'm excited that there are so many options for my spin pins! I think I may go pick up some more tomorrow, and maybe some of the minis

Quote Originally Posted by AlabasterAlice View Post
    Using Spin Pins with decorations sounds so...well...against the point, for me. I use them when I want to hold my hair up with "nothing" so my hair is the decoration! Sometimes I will use them with a stick if the stick can't do the job on its own, but even then I wouldn't want anything on my spin pins.

Hope that makes sense.

RapunzelKat I usually do a figure eight bun, and stash one spin pin in each loop. It holds quite well.
    Quote Originally Posted by dulce View Post
    I use plain spin pins,I agree with AlabasterAlice.
    I totally understand what you guys mean I actually really like the way the plain spin pins look too, I am also a fan of having my hair be the focus of the style! Thing is, I am hairstick challenged so I'm not really able to wear anything decorative in my hair, which I do like to do sometimes So, it would be fun to have also have some decorated spin pins for times I do want decoration.
    Proud puny-bunned stealth longhair.

Length
    18/Cl/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by RapunzelKat View Post
    I have to admit I was nervous about trying them... They looked like the sort of thing that would become permanently entangled in my hair and never come out
    I was worried about the same thing when I first got mine. Then I realised that's what the cleverly curved tops are for.

Length
    18/Cl/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by bettylibertine View Post
    They're also good for this one - Loepsie's French antenna braid
    Eeee! I love that hair style. I think I'll have to try it tomorrow (using my trusty spin pins, since I don't have a hairstick). Thank you for the link.