Page 1 of 141 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Growing as long as it will go! (The Terminal Goal Thread)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    Ear/BSL/Term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

Default Growing as long as it will go! (The Terminal Goal Thread)

I haven't seen any threads for particular goal lengths- but I think terminal is a special goal with its own unique challenges (for instance... where is it!? )

So this is a thread for all of us who want see how long our hair can really get!

---------------------

I decided to grow to terminal mostly because I am just curious and also because of an increasing desire to not cut it due to personal spiritual reasons, but those ideas haven't really solidified for me.

My biggest worry now is just not knowing if/when trims are going to be necessary or useful. My hair is in crazy layers from growing out a pixie and I'm wondering if I should eventually get it all to one length and if so should I grow and then chop or trim a little bit at a time.

Length
    WL/WL/HIP
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Growing as Long as It will Go! (The Terminal Goal Thread)

I think maybe after i hit WL....i'll decide whether or not i want to grow to terminal length. Idk...i feel like my terminal length may be at tbl...i only say that because the last time i grew to waist length...i had a stall....as if it was hard for my hair to conjure up the strength to grow any longer...but eventually it picked up again and made it to my waist.

So i'll see once i get back in that territory if i want to go terminal.
    Lady Napaiai of the Secret Vale in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    24???/38?/37
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

I usually just wait to trim when my hair seems overly split or dry/velcro-y on the ends. If it is really uneven, then you might like a little trim, but I think layers are ok. I've gone 3 years before without any trims at all. I used to not care for my hair too much. I guess I was a benign neglect-or with out even knowing it. Right now, I'm aiming for once or twice a year trims. I trimmed once in 2011. I'd like to make it to classic. I've tried before, but never got much past TB, without layers.

Length
    SHLDR/MIDBK/TAILB
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Oh my gosh!! YAY!! Seriously, I am so happy to see a terminal length thread on the boards now. Although it hadn't even crossed my mind once to make one. I really want to see the terminal goalers come out of the woodwork here and come together for some inspiration as I've been looking at people's goals when I get the chance, usually just on their posts while reading threads, to find fellow termie goalers .

I am a terminal grower myself. My reason for growing my hair to this extreme is, of course, partly out of curiosity. To see what my genetics has dealt me with, especially since I have a knee-length cousin. Also, I've shaven nearly my entire head and felt what that is like, but not to have hair that has actually reached its max growth. I don't know, maybe it will have a "feel". lol I also just figure, if I'm going to grow my hair, I want to do it with the pedal to the metal, no holds barred. I want to be able to just embrace my obsession with attaining my long (well it was long hair to me at the time: APL) hair back, and then some, to be able to bury myself in the lovely stuff that I can now appreciate, being more knowledgeable and self-aware. APL is the longest I've ever had it in my life. I want MORE. ^.^

Oh, to answer your question about the trimming and one length. You know, I'm really not sure, though I imagine that you're a step ahead with the natural look of a non-cutter. If you don't cut your hair you are going to end up with layers anyway because your hair falls out and grows as it may, dozens of hairs a day. So really, if you just leave it and let it be for a time, it will look like that is what has always been going on. Let nature take its course and the hairs will fall as they may I say. Or at least that is what I would do.

I'm going to be sticking to this thread like.... well I can't think off anything clever so, I'll just start moving my things in, because this thread is going to be one of my new homes. lol
    Last edited by AcornMystic; March 18th, 2012 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Spelling

Length
    ../??/Term
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/iii

I would like to see how long I can grow my hair (although it might take a long time, or I might already be close to my terminal).

Nice thread!
    Final Goal: Terminal lengthLady Randiriel, Shepherdess of Tithenmamiwen

I have toyed with growing to terminal, but the current state of my life (and the next few years) is not conducive to pursuing that length. I am kinda curious as to what my terminal length would be, I know it is longer than floor length because I have been a bit longer than that before.

Maybe one day I will join this thread in earnest, but for now I will enjoy seeing all of you grow towards your goal. One of the things I find so interesting about terminal length is that there is such variety! My mom's hair has never grown longer than shoulder blades/BSL, ever, and it is not because she abuses it in any way. Evidently Grace and I got our hair genes from dad's side of the family, But mom never made us cut it.
    ~Carrie Ingalls
    Most recent trim 5-11-2013, 8" (back to mid calf), pictures updated 10-10-2011. My sis Grace Ingalls trimmed 11.25" (her first ever haircut) to ankle at the end of March 2012.

Length
    26/28.5"/38"
    Type
    3c/4a/M/C/iii

im curious to know if anyone has ever reached their terminal growth? what was the final outcome? and how long did it take to achieve?

Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by sonrisa76 View Post
    im curious to know if anyone has ever reached their terminal growth? what was the final outcome? and how long did it take to achieve?
    HOw does one know when terminal is reached? My ends are so thin it seems they are not growing, but falling out instead. I am BCL + 2" with about 100 hairs
    Oldest LHC Member Currently holding the title: The Eldest
    Radical Believer in the Kingdom of God being here at hand.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by bparnell75 View Post
    HOw does one know when terminal is reached? My ends are so thin it seems they are not growing, but falling out instead. I am BCL + 2" with about 100 hairs
    I think if you give your hair good care and benign neglect for, say, ten years and it doesn't get longer then you can safely say you have reached terminal.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I belong here YEE FINALLY!
    exept for one thing. i planned to keep my hair at classic and thicken my hair up so does that break the rules? after that ill be growing as long as it can go.
    or maybe i wont keep to my plan and just keep growing we'll see.
    but i certainly will keep up in this thread.
    Last edited by gthlvrmx; March 18th, 2012 at 08:04 PM.