Page 36 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Growing as long as it will go! (The Terminal Goal Thread)

Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: Growing as Long as It will Go! (The Terminal Goal Thread)

momoftwo708, I hope this doesn't sound mean, but I find your sentence really confusing. Standard punctuation and spelling is part of the Community guidelines
    I hope you're not offended by my comment, I just have a hard time reading and writing in English as it is, lack of punctuation really confuses me

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Elithia View Post
    I also know a woman who went off about how oils and natural products work for "white" hair, but the only way to deal with "black" hair was to go to a salon and get products and relaxers. As she talked, it became clear that her idea of "dealing with" super-curly hair all involved loosening or getting rid of the curl.

As if there were some kind of straight dividing line to be drawn between "black" and "white," anyway. And this woman self-identified as "biracial." I didn't get it.
    wow what in the world. People i swear. They need a good dosage of LHC...sounds like a drug. XD

Quote Originally Posted by domisimone View Post
    Yeah, I generally whip out my "Evil Glare of Death".

I don't believe there's such a thing as "ethnic hair" or "black hair". Some races may be more likely to develop certain hair types, but it all boils down to porosity, density, curl pattern, and overall treatment and products used. I literally cringe when I hear people say that my hair won't grow because of my race--the only way hair stops growing completely is if you have a medical condition.

Again, I don't believe in racial boundaries.
    Yes, i dont either! My father has those tight tight curls and he doesnt have african ancestry in him, its italian! Its not a nice thing saying your race is the reason why your hair wont grow.

Someday the Northern Realm in the Highlands
    Length
    24in/47in/Term
    Type
    3b/3c/F/i

Just checking in. My layers frustrate me. I am always worried they will stop where they are. But I did a length check recently and there has been alittle movement on the shortest layer. Of course it grows at snails pace. I WANT MY HAIR LONG AND I WANT IT NOW. Ok I ranted for now Back to waiting and being gentle with my curls.
    "Creation is the first Icon of God"
    3 layers, Fringe-4ac fi frizzy, crimpy,coily. Canopy-3bc fi, spirals, coily. Rear-2abc fi wavy, wispy, coily

Length
    baby/15/30
    Type
    3c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by gthlvrmx View Post
    wow what in the world. People i swear. They need a good dosage of LHC...sounds like a drug. XD

Yes, i dont either! My father has those tight tight curls and he doesnt have african ancestry in him, its italian! Its not a nice thing saying your race is the reason why your hair wont grow.
    My African American housekeeper just said that her hair stopped growing. I explained that if her hair had stopped growing, it would shed without regenerating, and she would be bald by now. No, her hair is breaking off just as fast as it's growing because she gets perms and dyes religiously. So I referred her to LHC, and I really hoped she listens, because she has really pretty hair that deserves to be taken care of.
    Dry and Curly: CHIN +, SHOULDERS, APL, BSL, MBL, WAIST

Straight: SHOULDERS, UBL, APL +, BSL, MBL, WAIST, LBL, TBL, CLASSIC

Length
    baby/15/30
    Type
    3c/F/iii

I just did my last length check before the three month no measure challenge starting on august first. That, for me, means no stretching out my curls to see where they measure on my body, which is going to be hard for me!
    I'm almost at apl, and I'm giving myself nine months to reach BSL. I think I'll be at wsl in eighteen months! I'm also really hoping that terminal is TBL or classic, because then my curls will reach my waist unstretched, and that's how long I want them for graduation in five years.

Length
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

My African American housekeeper just said that her hair stopped growing. I explained that if her hair had stopped growing, it would shed without regenerating, and she would be bald by now. No, her hair is breaking off just as fast as it's growing because she gets perms and dyes religiously. So I referred her to LHC, and I really hoped she listens, because she has really pretty hair that deserves to be taken care of.
    yeah some people really just dont understand how hair works and they just quit and give in to societies norms and some quit caring all together because they dont know what to do. and sometimes they just dont listen to advice cuz they simply dont care enough of their hair. but thats their hair, not anyone elses.
    I just did my last length check before the three month no measure challenge starting on august first. That, for me, means no stretching out my curls to see where they measure on my body, which is going to be hard for me!
    I'm almost at apl, and I'm giving myself nine months to reach BSL. I think I'll be at wsl in eighteen months! I'm also really hoping that terminal is TBL or classic, because then my curls will reach my waist unstretched, and that's how long I want them for graduation in five years.
    wooo!! apl!! youll be there soon, waist will hit you before you know it!

Length
    baby/15/30
    Type
    3c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by gthlvrmx View Post
    yeah some people really just dont understand how hair works and they just quit and give in to societies norms and some quit caring all together because they dont know what to do. and sometimes they just dont listen to advice cuz they simply dont care enough of their hair. but thats their hair, not anyone elses.

wooo!! apl!! youll be there soon, waist will hit you before you know it!
    Thanks so much for the support. Whenever I see people with hair that would be so pretty if it wasn't damaged I really want to step in and offer to help them rehabilitate them. At the end of the day, I have to realize that it's not my hair, and if they don't want help I can't force it on them, and if their hair breaks off that isn't going to affect my hair growth.
    Also, my friend cut her hair short so it would be more manageable, but hates it, so she came to me for help growing it back out. I'm so flattered!

Length
    26/27/36
    Type
    1b/M/ii

wow it would be pretty awesome to see how long you can grow your hair to. I haven't had hair longer then the middle of my back since I was about 7 yrs old. I might try this out if I can handle having my hair that long haha. Hope to see some pictures and hear about everyone's success

Length
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Thanks so much for the support. Whenever I see people with hair that would be so pretty if it wasn't damaged I really want to step in and offer to help them rehabilitate them. At the end of the day, I have to realize that it's not my hair, and if they don't want help I can't force it on them, and if their hair breaks off that isn't going to affect my hair growth.
    Also, my friend cut her hair short so it would be more manageable, but hates it, so she came to me for help growing it back out. I'm so flattered!
    ur welcome. i know, so do it, i just cringe at damaged hair but. oh well. that is a nice thing to offer help when you're asked. happened to me a lot too but the only ones to keep it up are the ones dedicated to keeping their hair healthy-and the only ones were my brother and mother, mom escaped trims for the last 7 months but is need of one now. Course she loves to brush harshly too much but oh well.

Length
    28 in/29 in/term
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

Hi =) I'm trying to grow to terminal length. Mind if I join in? I don't think I'm in much danger of cutting it. I do want to get fringe sometime soon so that my buns and updos look less severe.
    BSL/waist-----> Waist -----> TB -----> Classic -----> As long as God gives me throughout my lifetime =) It is a gift afterall <3