Page 34 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Growing as long as it will go! (The Terminal Goal Thread)

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Growing as Long as It will Go! (The Terminal Goal Thread)

So I had DH help me measure my thickness yesterday. My ponytail circumference is 2.75", compared to my ends (no layers) which are a mere 1" (slightly less, it was really hard to measure something so thin). I measured in a few places down the length and it was about 2" at BSL, 1.5" at hip, which is where I want to cut back to. After doing all that, I would wager my terminal length to be somewhere around knee. I know I have a lot of terminal length hairs at waist or so.

My hair growth has been stalled around 41" for a couple/few months. I am starting to get breakage, too (it has been very hot and very dry here) If I ever grow to term I would like to do so with virgin hair. I know my hair is definitely thicker on the virgin parts so I am thinking term could be more like calf length for me. I doubt I would ever venture into that territory as I am really have trouble dealing with Classic and intend to cut in a couple weeks back to hip.

Just some thoughts.

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by gthlvrmx View Post
    i chose not to trim at all unless my ends are bad, but i s&d when i need to so it keeps me from trimming. i think its personal preference with hemlines, but i thought i read on this thread somewhere that trimming takes away some length that could reach towards terminal or something like that. im not sure where it was >.< im thinking they meant like if you trim, your hair still ages and when it comes to its time, it will fall, just on a shorter length because you trimmed. i think thats what it was. terminal "length" is more like terminal "time" i think.
    im not sure i havent been on in a long time maybe someone else will chime in.
    Yes that's basically what I've been doing, though I don't s&d very often probably once a year as I hate doing it! I trim about twice a year, really trying to stretch it to once a year not worked so far, but once upon a time I could only go every 3 months before the ends looked bad. I'm mainly trimming when my ends get thin, to allow the slower hairs to catch up in the hem and thicken it out more.
    I'm with you on terminal time as opposed to length, makes more sense to me that does
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    Chin/Waist/Term.
    Type
    1a/1b/M/i/ii

Yay! Terminal Growth Thread! I just recently decided to grow to terminal, so this is nice to have others who are growing the same. My hair is rather fine though, so I'm sort of worried though about how it will look with fairytale ends. Hopefully not too bad! I have been able to stretch my washes further though lately, so that's a new accomplishment for me! Can't wait to see how long it will grow!
    Lady Tauredhiel of the Ever-Burning Heartfire in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. -1 Corinthians 11:15
    <><

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingSoLong View Post
    So I had DH help me measure my thickness yesterday. My ponytail circumference is 2.75", compared to my ends (no layers) which are a mere 1" (slightly less, it was really hard to measure something so thin). I measured in a few places down the length and it was about 2" at BSL, 1.5" at hip, which is where I want to cut back to. After doing all that, I would wager my terminal length to be somewhere around knee. I know I have a lot of terminal length hairs at waist or so.

My hair growth has been stalled around 41" for a couple/few months. I am starting to get breakage, too (it has been very hot and very dry here) If I ever grow to term I would like to do so with virgin hair. I know my hair is definitely thicker on the virgin parts so I am thinking term could be more like calf length for me. I doubt I would ever venture into that territory as I am really have trouble dealing with Classic and intend to cut in a couple weeks back to hip.

Just some thoughts.
    I think there are some lengths that are easier than others. I found classic a bit awkward, but as I approached knee my updos suddenly got really easy again and it behaves better the few times I wear it down. Braiding is a bit more tedious though lol

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    HL/TBL/CL
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

I had a dream the other night about something totally unrelated to hair. But - at one point in the dream, I caught an image of myself in a large mirror. I was shocked to see my hair, which was down, reached knee length. Then I had this sort of overwhelming dream feeling that THIS was my terminal length.

I went on with my business in the dream. Then when I later woke up, I started wondering if my subconcious already knows my terminal length.

Just letting it grow ravenheather's Avatar
    Length
    16/23/Term
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by auburntressed View Post
    I had a dream the other night about something totally unrelated to hair. But - at one point in the dream, I caught an image of myself in a large mirror. I was shocked to see my hair, which was down, reached knee length. Then I had this sort of overwhelming dream feeling that THIS was my terminal length.

I went on with my business in the dream. Then when I later woke up, I started wondering if my subconcious already knows my terminal length.
    That's awesome. I wish I had a dream like that. It kind of drives me crazy that I have no idea how long my hair will grow. It's never been past apl as an adult.

Going for terminal, but also enjoying wearing my hair down and curly.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Chromis View Post
    I think there are some lengths that are easier than others. I found classic a bit awkward, but as I approached knee my updos suddenly got really easy again and it behaves better the few times I wear it down. Braiding is a bit more tedious though lol
    cant wait to get there! hope classic length wont be too bad to bun, knee should be fine

Length
    Ear/BSL/Term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

That is such a cool dream, Auburntressed.

Can you send your personal Mr. Sandman over my way because I'd REALLY love to know what mine is.

Length
    baby/15/30
    Type
    3c/F/iii

My mom somehow got it in her head that black people's hair doesn't grow. I'm growing from shoulder to classic in five years to prove a point, and I have no idea what comes after that.
    Dry and Curly: CHIN +, SHOULDERS, APL, BSL, MBL, WAIST

Straight: SHOULDERS, UBL, APL +, BSL, MBL, WAIST, LBL, TBL, CLASSIC

Length
    Ear/BSL/Term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by domisimone View Post
    My mom somehow got it in her head that black people's hair doesn't grow. I'm growing from shoulder to classic in five years to prove a point, and I have no idea what comes after that.
    What!?!?

...Really, what!?