Thread: Hair toys for shoulder length hair, recommendations?

Wink Hair toys for shoulder length hair, recommendations?

Hi!

My hair is a little passed shoulder length, and it's quite fine. I usually just hold my hair back with a hair clip/claw, but I've seen a lot of gorgeous things like hair sticks on this site. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a shorty like me? My hair in a bun is more like a nub... So I'm afraid to buy/order anything without some advice.

Thanks! <3

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Hair toys for shoulder length hair, recommendations?

I'd hold off on the hairsticks for a while, but Flexi8s or Ficcares might be OK at this length. I still use my claw clip and I'm nearing waist length.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Darn! I was hoping there were mini hair sticks out there... Hair "twigs" perhaps hehe. Thanks! I don't know much about different hair accessories, but I googled those and SUPER pretty!

Length
    29/36/33
    Type
    2b/M/ii

To hold up your hair with a singe hair stick you'll need a bit more length, I'm afraid. But you could use a hair stick as decoration in a bun that has been secured with pins and/or a hair elastic.

Have a look at the sock bun - it is "hair style of the month" right now. That should already work with your length. And the French Twist.

Then there is a simple but elegant trick that is shown in the video on this page - the page is in German, their English version is currently offline, so ignore the text (it does not explain the style anyway) and just watch the little video.

Length
    chin/SL/?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

I just posted a bunch of pictures of my favorite SL hair toys actually. Flexi8s are great, and I also love hair slides (like these).

There are in fact lots of mini sticks and forks available. By themselves, they're mostly good for half ups for me. Otherwise, spin pins can hold a full bun and then you can decorate it with whatever you like!