Page 1 of 222 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Elymwold on Etsy

Length
    32/40/FTL
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii

Talking Elymwold on Etsy

So, I got my Elymwold customs today and I was looking for the thread to spam with pictures... and I realised there's no thread about this store!!! (or is there and did I just miss it???)

This can't be, so I decided to make one...

Have you got any Elymwold pretties? Do you want some? Do you just want to drool over other people's hair-toys? Come and share!

These sticks are very, very high-quality. The materials (various types of wood, acrylic and burls) are excellent, and the finish is the high-gloss, glass-like finish of MtMs or TTs or Graydogs. Prices as HIGHLY reasonable. Nigel is a very nice person to deal with and has excellent customer service, and though he's all the way in Australia, shipping is fast and not at all expensive.

Here are mine...

First of all, the packaging is lovely. Can you spot the kangaroos? And it's super-secure too!

Burl-topped:

Purpleheart and acrylic:

So, come on and share pics of your Elymwold pretties with the rest of us!

TUTORIAL: How To Make Bead-Topped Metal Hair-Sticks At Home
    Looking for chipped/scratched/unloved Ficcares to mod! - Wishlist

Length
    APL/Clsc/Clsc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Elymwold on Etsy

Here's a twofer - the sticks I bought not too long ago!

Lady Northern Lights, Keeper of the Gates of Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

This thread is definitely overdue, thanks for making it dfotw! I'll throw mine into the mix too.

It's silver ash and amber acrylic, with a band of Tasmanian blackwood in between.

I really can't say enough good things about this seller. Lovely in communication, beautiful top quality workmanship - I'd love to see him explore some burls, especially dyed burls.

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

His sticks are beautiful and he is so helpful, i think i was the first to buy anything. Here's mine.

APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Length
    -/Shldr/-
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/iii

Thumbs up Re: Elymwold on Etsy

Quote Originally Posted by dfotw View Post
    So, I got my Elymwold customs today and I was looking for the thread to spam with pictures... and I realised there's no thread about this store!!! (or is there and did I just miss it???)

This can't be, so I decided to make one...

Have you got any Elymwold pretties? Do you want some? Do you just want to drool over other people's hair-toys? Come and share!

These sticks are very, very high-quality. The materials (various types of wood, acrylic and burls) are excellent, and the finish is the high-gloss, glass-like finish of MtMs or TTs or Graydogs. Prices as HIGHLY reasonable. Nigel is a very nice person to deal with and has excellent customer service, and though he's all the way in Australia, shipping is fast and not at all expensive.

Here are mine...

Burl-topped:

Purpleheart and acrylic:

So, come on and share pics of your Elymwold pretties with the rest of us!
    Beautiful sticks and I love the kangaroos trying not to be enabled here.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvrodul View Post
    Here's a twofer - the sticks I bought not too long ago!
    The sticks look gorgeous and I'm particularly impressed with your watermark - it looks pretty but must be devilishly difficult for a would-be photo-thief to contend with.

Quote Originally Posted by pepperminttea View Post
    This thread is definitely overdue, thanks for making it dfotw! I'll throw mine into the mix too.

It's silver ash and amber acrylic, with a band of Tasmanian blackwood in between.

I really can't say enough good things about this seller. Lovely in communication, beautiful top quality workmanship - I'd love to see him explore some burls, especially dyed burls.
    Lovely stick in a gorgeous bun! I also love burls for their soft, organic quality and the way they take dye so beautifully so if he moves in that direction I will be putty ...

Quote Originally Posted by bunzfan View Post
    His sticks are beautiful and he is so helpful, i think i was the first to buy anything. Here's mine.
    You're a pioneer!

© GRD, 3 March 2007

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Tabitha View Post
    Lovely stick in a gorgeous bun! I also love burls for their soft, organic quality and the way they take dye so beautifully so if he moves in that direction I will be putty ...
    Thank you! Ditto, I love the coloured burls I've seen in Graydog and MonktheMonk's work, I'd be absolutely doomed if Elymwold followed suit!

Length
    SL/WL/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Lovely! The price is right too. I'll have to save up

Account Closed by Member Request

Ohhhhh so pretty!!!!! Off to browse....

Length
    16/23/26
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Beautiful sticks everyone! His work really is outstanding. I have one too and although it's gorgeous the one I chose matches my hair color too closely, so I'll probably end up swapping it at some point and get one in a different color. If he does dyed burls I'm definitely in!

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Oh no, I don't have an action photo of his stick, I'll have to get one after washing and putting up my hair tomorrow! But yes, my Elymwold stick is by far my favorite, perfectly seamless , smooth like butter yet holds like nobody's business! I'll be purchasing from him in the future again for sure! That burl-topped stick is singing its siren song to me!
    BALDPIXIECHINSHOULDERAPLBSLWAISTHLTL
    Henna enhanced auburn-haired girl