Thread: Howdy

Jack of All Braids meishkamooshka's Avatar
    Length
    APL/Waist/Long!
    Type
    2a/F/M/iii

Talking Howdy

First order of business:

Hello everyone! I'm back! I totally got bogged down with college, my boyfriend, and my family and haven't posted on here in awhile. I'm back now, though!

I think I was last active around January 2011, which is when I did the big chop on my hair. I was at lower back and cut to armpit. I'm trying to grow it back now, longer than ever to Classic or Mid-thigh!

Here's a progress pic:

(sorry, my hair is still a bit wet)

Second order of business:

I am across this hairstyle on DeviantArt, and I'm not sure how to recreate it. The owner of the image doesn't know how it was done, but said there were no pins used. Anyone have an idea?

Link:http://randompath.deviantart.com/art...raid-179969575
    Image:

Thanks a lot for any help you can give!

Glad to be back

Can I call this hip?
    Next stop: BCL!

Length
    12/32/36

Default Re: Howdy

Hi, meishkamooshka. Wow! That braid is very interesting and beautiful. I can't say for sure how it was done, but from the looks of it, it looks much like a french braid. Only, hair is not gathered into the bottom of the braid, only the top to support or suspend the braid as it winds down the hair. That's my best guess.

Length
    17/47/--
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Welcome back!
    It's a lace braid, using only the hair on top each time you add. You start at one side, lace braid across, stop, turn, and lace braid to the other side. Etc. etc. until you run out of either hair or length. I can't do it on myself, because my arms can't reach all down my back. I get stuck around BSL.
    Lady Tigereye, Keeper of the Striped Shadows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Jack of All Braids meishkamooshka's Avatar
    Length
    APL/Waist/Long!
    Type
    2a/F/M/iii

Thank you both! I was thinking it was some sort of lace braid, but I wasn't certain! It seems like it would be somewhat difficult to do on one's self!

I appreciate the feedback, and so quickly! I think it looks cool, so I'll give it a try on my own hair. If I figure it out, I'll post some pictures

Can I call this hip?
    Next stop: BCL!