Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favourite part of your hair care routine? What's your least favourite?

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Default What's your favourite part of your hair care routine? What's your least favourite?

I'm about to go douse my hair in a coconut milk and honey soak, which has been great at moisturising and lightening my hair, but I'm just cringing because I hate, hate, HATE letting deep treatments soak in. I'll probably let it sit for an hour because I can't stand letting it go for longer.

However, I did just do my second favourite part of my hair care routine, a good, thorough S&D, and after I'll wash my hair, which I love. Typing that just made me feel super weird, but I honestly love washing my hair. My scalp loves it, too, which is why I wash every second day. But then my lengths start to get a bit dry so I deep treat.

It got me thinking - what's your favourite part of your routine? What's your least favourite?

Length
    <bsl/39"/long!
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: What's your favourite part of your hair care routine? What's your least favourite

That's a hard one. Personally, I dislike/don't have feeling for having a routine in general.
    I guess if I have enough time on my hands, S&Ding or finger-combing can be nice, it feels good to clear my mind of everything and just float out of time for a while.

I dislike shampoo/conditioning my hair, because my day-one hair won't go into any decent updo. Also, I'm allergic to both my shampoo and conditioner, so if any gets on me I spend the morning itching like crazy with eczema all over my face.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    bra strap - mid back - waist - lower back - hip - tailbone - classic - knee
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Default Re: What's your favourite part of your hair care routine? What's your least favourite

I hate using certain treatments in my hair- like heavily oiling it with neem oil, or using honey to lightening it, or clarifying it.

I do like conditioning it and S&Ding, as well as using henna.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    BSL/Waist/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Good topic!

Hototogisu, that's funny, the long treatments are the ones I like best. I just love when it's time to henna my roots. The ritual of mixing up the henna, getting the kids into bed, putting on the henna and deep conditioning the length, wrapping my head and curling up by myself with my favorite tv show. I actually really look forward to my roots showing again!

I also do honey lightening occasionally and enjoy that for the same reason. Plus my hair feels so great after both of those treatments.
    Last edited by allycat; March 16th, 2012 at 11:39 AM.

Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

The worst part -- washing out LOADS of conditioner when I CO wash, and waiting for my hair to dry when it is wet.

I enjoy long conditioning treatments, oiling, brushing, and most aspects of caring for my hair, but just HATE those 2 things!

I like putting it in updos, and tangle-teezing it. I don't like having it damp for so long after I wash it. I can't really stand to put it up damp because it would never get dry, it would just crouch soggily on my head like some hideous humidity monster, aaagh!

Length
    17.5/22.5/27.5
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

I love my wash routine and deep treatments. I give myself a scalp massage and sit around for 10-30 minutes with conditioner on my head and then I rinse with more massaging. It's relaxing.

I hate leaving my hair down while it dries. I don't like leaving my hair down at all, but it doesn't dry if I put it up wet. I'm enjoying the early spring because my hair will dry in an hour now.
    Lady Morgan Lynn of the Winding Forest Paths in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    Bob/SL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I don't like heavy oiling it... But I really like conditioning it and S&Ding

I love trimming my hair. I do microtrims and dustings instead of S&D. Sitting and examining my hair for long lengths of time to S&D will drive me insane. I'd rather chop off over four inches and then trim 1/4" a month after that than S&D. I also don't like anything wet on my scalp for a long time so I can't leave in treatments for more than an hour. The only thing I can leave in my hair overnight is oil but I don't oil my scalp. I do like doing treatments though, especially if it involves mixing things!

Length
    18/25/38
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I hate wet hair when it's air drying and sticking to my back yuck esp. in the summer. I usually braid it wet so it's less annoying but it takes longer to dry that way.

I love deep oiling, scalp massages and SMT's. And freshly cut ends, but I've learned not to trim too regularly, I used to cut off all new growth

Current goal BSL 27”, longterm goal tailbone 38"
    Avatar is The Moon and the Stars: study for the Moon by Alphonse Mucha