Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favourite part of your hair care routine? What's your least favourite?

Length
    0''/neck/bun
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: What's your favourite part of your hair care routine? What's your least favourite

I really like to do s&d, even though it takes time and those bad ends are hard to find, but it's always better afterwards, to know that your hair is once again better. Also deep conditioning is my favourite, because after that my hair feels healthier.

I don't like oiling.
    Lady Fainauriel, Sourceress of Ice, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    BSL/26.5"/HIP
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: What's your favourite part of your hair care routine? What's your least favourite

It amazes me how many people like S&Ding. It's such a chore! My hair is quite damaged so it's a bit depressing, too, I guess. And I like the feeling of doing henna, but dislike the waiting as it drips all over me...

I like oiling, washing and conditioning my hair, and finger-combing it, and especially braiding it.

Length
    SHLDR/MIDBK/TAILB
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe13 View Post
    It amazes me how many people like S&Ding. It's such a chore! My hair is quite damaged so it's a bit depressing, too, I guess. And I like the feeling of doing henna, but dislike the waiting as it drips all over me...

I like oiling, washing and conditioning my hair, and finger-combing it, and especially braiding it.
    I totally understand that one. I'm a braid girl myself. Whether it's a braided bun or just a simple hanging English braid that is how I plan to wear my hair most times. I LOVE how the plait feels running my fingers down it. ^.^

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Acornmystic, as soon as i read that I actually got up and brushed, oiled and braided my hair. I'm going through a real braid phase - too many buns hurt my scalp and braids are just more comfortable for me.

It seems like there's a split between those who love S&Ding and those who hate it. I've only recently started doing it deliberately and often, and I feel like the ends of my hair have significantly, significantly improved because of it. Just running the tassel of my braid between my fingers, it feels so smooth and non-grabby. I also find it really meditative, but I could totally see how it's a chore. I might only be enjoying it now that my hair's long enough to comfortably pull in front of me? Maybe?

Length
    16.1/30.31/40
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I like washing and brushing my hair ^^

and I really dislike learning a new hairstyle, up until the point that I finally get it
    also, I dont like messing with hair treatments, it is fine once they are up my head, but I dont like the mess the make before that.
    May 12th 2012, virgin hair back!
    chin, shoulder,apl,bsl,waist, hip,tailbone, classic.
    Hip length expected in January 2016.

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I must confess that while I really love my hair, I pretty much detest all aspects of caring for it. I know, I know - blasphemy! (>(oo)<)`
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Length
    17/42/30

My favourite part is conditioning, detangling and rinsing. My least favourite is curling my hair (no heat method) which I do after every wash.

Goal met and exceeded, now what?
    I have curly virgin hair which is currently tailbone length un-stretched.

Length
    WL/WL/HIP
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii/iii

My most disliked part of my regimen? I think shampooing my hair is my most disliked part...its hard to get the suds to rinse out thoroughly so i have to rinse for like a good 1-2 minutes for both sides of my head(i wash my hair in halves).

My favorite part? I like styling my hair when i'm just gonna wear it curly. It's SO much fun honestly!...i love putting my leave in in and watching the curls "pop" and then i put on my styler and i head bang to separate the curls and add a little volume!

I also like to use my Denman when detangling...it feels SO good on my scalp and gets the shed hairs out. Very relaxing!
    Lady Napaiai of the Secret Vale in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    17/30/tlb

Likes: Indian oil treatments, using Tangle teaser, Heat cap with coconut milk.

Dislike: Hot and stuffy sleep caps, wet hair in the winter, learning how to braid.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    16.5/30/36
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I like oiling, conditioning, brushing and combing.
    I dislike S&D and detangling.