Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Budget friendly panacea alternative?

Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Panacea Knockoff

Quote Originally Posted by chloeishere View Post
    The OP may not have known that Nightblooming is a shop owned by an LHC member, and since she's never used it, she might not realize how different it is, and therefore difficult to find a comparable product.
    This. I actually bought the product a while ago without knowing Nightblooming was a member here.

Herbivore
    Length
    58cm/103cm/tb
    Type
    2b/M/iii

If you find out after you bought it that it doesn't work for your hair (never worked for mine) It is very useful for dry and cracked heels! I received it as a sample a long time ago so I never had to pay anything for it (thank you Nightshade!) but it made a lovely potion for my permanently dry heels and I'm sure it would for well for elbows and other dry areas too.

Length
    SL/SL/dunno
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

OK, so I didn't mean get a job or turn in cans as "you are just being stingy or lazy" I work a job where I am on my feet all day, have a zoo full of rescued animals and a SO to support and live with a debilitating spinal cord injury.

The "point" was that no one said "Hey I understand you can't afford 5.75, try this it may be more economical" I was said this is the same thing and its cheaper and just as good and led the OP to believe it could be cheaper and just as good to "DIY Panacea" and sorry but knowing Nightshade and having done some research with her that's misinformation.

I have in fact saved up cans and put away a few bucks a week to get something that I knew was quality or that I just plain wanted. There is no shame in it, and even if someone doesn't "work" I don't assume they are unemployed. I was a "stay at home cripple" and "dog mommy" as my friends lovingly called me and I definitely had work.

Point? Panacea is quality and Nightshade definitely deserves the money more than some big box store that sells cheap oils. And the OP didn't deserve the misinformation, Panacea does NOT cost 50 dollars shipped, (that was a limited edition 8 ounce jar that people had personally asked for) that is not only untrue but sheds really poor light on Nightblooming.

I know we all have to "do what we gotta do" But I still felt like encouraging a "knockoff" of an already decent priced product (and also I had a 1/2 ounce jar for almost 6 months with waist length hair from Belderan and Nightblooming and several people here also stated the same)

It boils down to 5.75 to give it a whirl, vs cobbling together your own and "hope" it works. Cost wise, it is still cheaper and better for small business to give the Nightshade stuff a go.

And Jenne I was unemployed and raising two kids for 2 years, it SUCKS if you want some of my hair stuff that I tried and didn't car for lemme know

KJ

Length
    Chin/???/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    You poor little thing. I hate the way snotty people have trashed you on this thread. If you will PM me your real name and mailing address, I'll buy some and have it sent to you. I'd love to do this for you, so please let me.

Deborah
    Wow. This brought tears to my eyes! There has been so much "snarky" and vicious commentary lately, it is nice to see (read?) something caring. To the OP, I too, find it hard to justify the cost of the panacea.
    "There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish the light of one small candle." - Spanish Proverb
    Hip length to Pixie, now growing long again. Currently past SL, heading to APL.

Length
    waist/TB/long

"Panacea does NOT cost 50 dollars shipped, (that was a limited edition 8 ounce jar that people had personally asked for) that is not only untrue but sheds really poor light on Nightblooming."

True enough. The 2 ounce jar costs $16.50 shipped. The 8 ounce jar costs $51.50 shipped. (Those are today's prices by the way.)

Length
    shldr/tbl/long
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jennescence View Post
    Well than, I would just like to simply add that i do have a job. Making $11.00 an hour liftinng about 1,400 50 pound boxes a day. I do not have extra money because My oldest brother died from diabetes a year ago and i now care for his four children. 1 girl and 3 boys. At 19. All by myself. So shame on you for telling me to get a job. I have sacrificed everything for these children. Given up my hopes and dreams of college for them. But i love them so it does not matter for me. As far as collecting cans. Well i do that too lol. I cannot afford one thing right now. It does not mean i will not buy it in the future. I love what Nightblooming is all about. So please watch what you say. You never know someones situation or what they are going through. I come here to let go and have some time to myself. It seems harder and harder sometimes to come here and enjoy myself.
    You are a big person for doing those things at your age.

This is an online forum, the writing language sometimes do not reflect our real feelings. Everyone looks from his/her window and doesn't know about your life and your feelings.

I also think that getting Nightblooming product is cheaper, because it has much herbs and vitamins in it. Collecting ingredients and gathering them right amounts is the thing for who are interested in it. So I prefer to buy the product. There is also a labor and knowledge for doing that concoction.

But you have the right of what you want. You can use an oil that is known good for hair, or a small amount of conditioner you already have. It is not Nightblooming's equivalent but still good for you
    Last edited by gazelle; March 17th, 2012 at 01:01 AM. Reason: spelling

Well than, I would just like to simply add that i do have a job. Making $11.00 an hour liftinng about 1,400 50 pound boxes a day. I do not have extra money because My oldest brother died from diabetes a year ago and i now care for his four children. 1 girl and 3 boys. At 19. All by myself. So shame on you for telling me to get a job. I have sacrificed everything for these children. Given up my hopes and dreams of college for them. But i love them so it does not matter for me. As far as collecting cans. Well i do that too lol. I cannot afford one thing right now. It does not mean i will not buy it in the future. I love what Nightblooming is all about. So please watch what you say. You never know someones situation or what they are going through. I come here to let go and have some time to myself. It seems harder and harder sometimes to come here and enjoy myself.

I´m so sorry

I wish you and children well, and I really hope your dreams about college will come true.
    Lady Ithilwen of the Shimmering Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    19/26/35+!
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/i/ii

I had a read through OP's older posts and am a bit confused. She seems to have lived with another girl's family as recently as January (bully thread). Also there's a thread where she talks about combining lots of shampoo/conditioner that she has bought then nevers uses? Although of course they may just be cheap products.

Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

You never know someones situation or what they are going through. I come here to let go and have some time to myself. It seems harder and harder sometimes to come here and enjoy myself.
    Jennescence, you are a beautiful person, with a wonderful heart. Bless you for what you're doing, and "your" children have a wonderful role model to grow up with.

Deborah, you have given me such good feelings for today!

Banned
    Length
    25/40+/fin

What does this have to do with making a home made version of Panacea?

Quote Originally Posted by sami View Post
    I had a read through OP's older posts and am a bit confused. She seems to have lived with another girl's family as recently as January (bully thread). Also there's a thread where she talks about combining lots of shampoo/conditioner that she has bought then nevers uses? Although of course they may just be cheap products.