Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Budget friendly panacea alternative?

Length
    chin/20"/Waist
    Type
    1c/F/iii

Default Re: Panacea Knockoff

Before today i didnt even know there was any bad blood
    Lady Daoine, Mythweaver of the Unseelie Court in the Order of the Long Haired Kights!

Length
    Neck/Class/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

The OP never used the words "knock off".
    She asked if there was something similar.
    That's all.

What a kind gesture Deborah.

Jennescence, your brother is so proud of you i'm sure.
    What a wonderful, selfless thing you're doing.

❀☾ⓟᵃᵑᵈᵒᴿᵃ ℒᵒᵑᶢᶩᵒᶜᵏᶳ☽❁ princessp's Avatar
    Length
    27"/39"/42"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Strands View Post
    The OP never used the words "knock off".
    She asked if there was something similar.
    That's all.

What a kind gesture Deborah.

Jennescence, your brother is so proud of you i'm sure.
    What a wonderful, selfless thing you're doing.
    Um, it's in the title of the thread.
    Last edited by princessp; March 16th, 2012 at 03:02 PM.
    Pandora LongLocks of the Forbidden Treasure in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Neck/Class/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Oh, so it is...sorry.
    I just read the OP's first line.

❀☾ⓟᵃᵑᵈᵒᴿᵃ ℒᵒᵑᶢᶩᵒᶜᵏᶳ☽❁ princessp's Avatar
    Length
    27"/39"/42"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Talking Re: Panacea Knockoff

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Strands View Post
    Oh, so it is...sorry.
    I just read the OP's first line.
    Lol that's okay I'm notorious for "speed reading" too.
    Pandora LongLocks of the Forbidden Treasure in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    chin/33/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I just rediscovered the panacea that I bought about a year ago. Somehow I forgot I had it, so I haven't used it for several months Yup, my fridge, a black hole. Anyhow, it's still amazing and fresh and I need to remember to put it on my ends!! It's really the only thing that keeps them nice.

Length
    Neck/Class/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by princessp View Post
    Lol that's okay I'm notorious for "speed reading" too.

I swear I don't read half of these titles.
    I just hit "new posts" and go to town!

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ishje View Post
    I like to make my own soap and hair masks, but that is because of fun, not to save costs.
    Same here! I make my own lotions, serums, creams etc and it gets to be a very expensive hobby. Fun tho

Quote Originally Posted by jennescence View Post
    Before today i didnt even know there was any bad blood
    Jennescence, I know you didn't mean to offend anyone with your post but I think if you knew how competitive the market is you'd understand how people could very easily see your innocent question as something else.
    Routine for my dyed mid back length hair: shampoo and condition twice a week, with Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray all over and shea butter on ends and lightly on length as leave-ins on wet hair, and blow dried with a Sedu on low heat

Length
    apl/hip/?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

You know, I totally love Nightshade, but I don't see the purpose in piling on jennescence either. I do believe it would be inappropriate to disclose the recipe for Panacea, or start a big thread attempting to re-create it, but there are much nicer ways to say that than "get a job" or "turn in some cans."

Banned
    Length
    25/40+/fin

jenescence, I am sorry about your brother. I cannot imagine losing my sister, you are a very good sister and aunt for taking care of the little ones. You will be rewarded for all your good deeds, you will be rewarded with love and joy and happiness from those lil ones and you will be blessed beyond imagination.

I am very sorry that many people were hateful, rude, disrespectful and ignorant with some of their comments. The whole forum isn't like that and I know that some people say their intentions were to protect a member of the community, etc. but bullying, intimidation and shaming someone for asking a simple question (that has most likely been asked before) is not a way to protect anyone.

I am beyond disgusted at some of the hideous comments and snide remarks, I hope the people who made those nasty remarks have the courtesy and guts to apologize to you, even if they do so by pm.

If someone came on the boards asking how to replicate something, exactly, so they could sell it for profit is one thing. Someone asking how to make something similar for personal use is not a crime. They even have recipe books on how to make Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits, Outbacks Blooming Onion, KFC's Chicken, etc. People just want to save some cash, make something they like and enjoy it for themselves, they are not trying to open a business that caters to people who want these items, that are exactly duplicated, at a fraction of the cost.

No one is making a profit and no one is doing anything morally wrong. If that were the case, any company after the first company who made soap, shampoo, conditioner, laundry soap, baby diapers, napkins, ketchup, mayonnaise, croutons, or the other various 1,000,000 items that are in existence today would be guilty of making *their* version of that item. How many shampoos are on the market? How many different brands of crackers and green beans and cookies are there? How many people make cookies at home, chocolate chip cookies, snicker-doodles, sugar cookies? Seriously folks, no one is putting anyone out of business for making a *version* of something for personal use. That person isn't even buying the name brand item, so that *business* isn't even lost!