Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: honey, cinnamon and lemon for hair lightning

Default honey, cinnamon and lemon for hair lightning

hello
    i'm about to be a hennahead soon, and i have a dark brown hair so i will only get a burgundy shade, i really want to have a little more red tones then that so i want my hair to be middle brown. 1-2 shades more, that's all.

what do you think about lemon juice, honey and other natural lighten? anyone here tried it in the sun to lighten their dark hair?

i have damaged hair.. so i'm afraid to try. even the sun itself has demaging effect i guess..

if you have any big thread about it please share here? i couldn't find any

thanks

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Re: honey, cinnamon and lemon for hair lightning

Quote Originally Posted by sashinka22 View Post
    hello
    i'm about to be a hennahead soon, and i have a dark brown hair so i will only get a burgundy shade, i really want to have a little more red tones then that so i want my hair to be middle brown. 1-2 shades more, that's all.

what do you think about lemon juice, honey and other natural lighten? anyone here tried it in the sun to lighten their dark hair?

i have damaged hair.. so i'm afraid to try. even the sun itself has demaging effect i guess..

if you have any big thread about it please share here? i couldn't find any

thanks
    Here you go, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...read.php?t=148. See the first few links.

For honey lightening, leave out the lemon juice and the sun.

You can try lemon juice mixed with conditioner 1 part lemon juice to 2-3 parts conditioner separately if you like, no sun needed for that either.

thank you!! how could i missed that? i searched for it!

why leave out the lemon and sun ? bc of its demaging the hair?

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

It basically dries out your hair, so yes. It's also acidic.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

That too - both can be.

However, Vitamin C depletes the peroxide level produced by honey and heat and negatively affects it too.

ktani, wow you are amazing, i read the honey thread and just wanted to say thanks for all the great info! i will definitely try that. i will leave out the lemon, my hair is enough dry without it :P
    thanks everyone!

another thing i really wanted to know:
    do oil[coconut,jojoba etc] on hair is safe at sun and protecting the hair, or the sun is frying it? i oil my hair all the time with these..especially when im going to the beach or pool, to protect it from the water. should i wear a hat in the sun?

ktani, wow you are amazing, i read the honey thread and just wanted to say thanks for all the great info! i will definitely try that. i will leave out the lemon, my hair is enough dry without it :P
    thanks everyone!

another thing i really wanted to know:
    do oil[coconut,jojoba etc] on hair is safe at sun and protecting the hair, or the sun is frying it? i oil my hair all the time with these..especially when im going to the beach or pool, to protect it from the water. should i wear a hat in the sun?
    Thank you!

The oils do not offer anywhere near the sun protection needed to prevent the sun damaging your hair with too much or enough, exposure. No natural oil can do that.

You need to cover your hair - at least until cosmetic scientists can come up with an SPF cosmetic sunblock that will protect hair well. So far, they have not.

Length
    APL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I think I saw a few years back sunscreen spray for your hair! It was back when I was 14, and I kept up with all the beauty products on the market. I'm sure it had damaging things in it though. I used to just put my hair in a bun and put sunscreen over it at the pool. Every one just thought my hair was wet. Not greasy.
    APL~BSL~Waist~Hip~TBL~Classic

Length
    2"/45"/55"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

I always add about 8-16 tablespoons of honey & 2 tablespoons of cinnamon to my henna mix (leave on my hair 4-8 hours minimum) & I swear my hair always comes out brighter & lighter. The chemically highlighted streaks (from last year - and last time I'm getting highlights! so damaging!!) always look a lot lighter. Maybe it's all my imagination, but l have to wonder if the honey/cinnamon combo really is causing some lightening. I thought it would take more applications or something - i know the first time I used it I was shocked by how light my hair turned out. I'm a medium ash brown & have been dying my hair exclusively with manic panic (pinks & reds) for 10+ years. Just recently (Oct 2011) started with the henna & cassia 1-2x a month. I am pretty sure something in my mix removes the manic panic. My hair certainly isn't getting any darker.

Anyone else use the honey & cinnamon in their mix & experience anything like this??

I think I only read about people using cinnamon & honey on their own to achieve lightening.

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    Thank you!

The oils do not offer anywhere near the sun protection needed to prevent the sun damaging your hair with too much or enough, exposure. No natural oil can do that.

You need to cover your hair - at least until cosmetic scientists can come up with an SPF cosmetic sunblock that will protect hair well. So far, they have not.
    well, to go out to the sun with oil on the hair is bad?
    i mean, worse than without oil? extra demaging it? it is frying the hair like people say?
    i must clarify this..
    sun alone is ok through if i dont expose to it that much and to weak sun most of the time?
    do you have a "sun thread"?