Thread: Get that hair off your face!

Length
    12"/17"/?????
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

Default Get that hair off your face!

Hi, I like to wear my apl/bsl hair down a lot. It's between wavy and curly and have lots of layers starting at my chin. It looks really pretty, but aside from the comments from my mother "when are you going to cut your hair?" and my dad always used to say to get it off my face, I still face that stigma. So it's not only the people who criticize us and esp. those of us in our 40's and 50's, I have also found I have to deal with this nonesense. Like "oh you look better with your hair off your face, or you won't be able to wear it like that as you age, etc and etc. Anyone here know what I'm talking about? Can't believe all the criticism we get for our hair if it is not controlled, short and age appropriate. I still struggle with this conflict but want to be able to say, thanks for your opinion, but I choose to wear it this way and I love it!
    ~Brenda Just want to get to APL right now!

Lady Firebrand of Warriors in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Get that hair off your face!

I think it is the generation that grew up in the era of "set" short hair in the 50s that can't handle long, natural hair. People that were young in the 60s and 70s seem much more comfortable w/ it in general, and that is a good thing!

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I like your name for the order of the long haired knights (cool, your a Warrior!) also, intresting observations.
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Length
    ?/?/CL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

My MIL never fails to remind me how "classy" my hair looked in the bob cut I had 3 yrs ago. She has a picture of me with that cut that she brings out to show me from time to time when I go to her house. Uuugh

Sober Lush Extraordinair AnqeIicDemise's Avatar
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

Oh, my mother and father always tell me I'd look prettier with my hair off my face.

But they complain if I have it short.

9-9

Dad *REALLY* hates my bangs. He sometimes comes up and just shoves my bangs out of the way and holds it up against my head and says "So much prettier!" I used to get annoyed and fight about it but now....

He's just going to has to deal with it. :P

eye haelp mama kiep londry waerm.
    BSL|WSL | HP | not quite there CL |
    Moonstruck Tresses