Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Hair hazards you never expected

Default Re: Hair hazards you never expected

Quote Originally Posted by bo-peep View Post
    Great thread! I've enjoyed reading (and giggling over a few) stories.

I work in IT so I've had a few accidents:

Working on a computer with the case open - got my hair stuck in one of the fans.

Working in a network closet, replacing a UPS that failed. Got my hair sucked into the fan on the switch (didn't get stuck thankfully).

I have to keep it ponytailed when running cable in false ceilings because it gets stuck in the ceiling tile support wires (and the hinges of the ladder I'm standing on).

I brushed my hair after I got back from a job I was on and found something stuck in a few of the end hairs. It turned out to be candle wax! Pretty scary to think about what could have happened.

The one that really makes me nuts is when I kneel on the floor to retrieve pet toys from under the bed. All the dogs follow me to see what I'm doing - and stand on my hair so I can't move! I have BIG dogs.
    That one has happened to me It's amazing how much time I spend retrieving pet toys from under furniture. I think the dog tosses them under there to see me on all fours.
    Last edited by bumblebums; April 28th, 2012 at 07:11 AM. Reason: eta

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningfury View Post
    I did that hilarious get up get jerked back then before the chair rocked forward to release me into a puddle on the floor. My boss thought it was hilarious.
    Well now you have a whole new reason for "why I grow my hair long" -- to provide entertainment for others!

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    Chin/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by AspenSong View Post
    My glasses are one! My hair strands are so fine, any hair near my glasses gets snagged and caught in the hinges of my frames. Also, if a strand blows behind them somehow, if my plastic frames shift ever so much, the hair gets wedged between the frames and the lenses where they fit together.
    This happens to me all the time. I feel like I'm never going to grow my bangs out. They keep getting broken off!

Also, the car door thing. I really didn't expect to have my APL hair caught in the door (always at the top and then if I don't notice it and sit down too fast it hurts. My SO is used to seing me just up pretty quickly and fling the door open when I get into the car. LOL). I was expecting this fun stuff once I get around waist or so but not NOW!
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Length
    BSL/Thigh/Knee

Once, I was still in a sleep braid while brushing my teeth. The braid swung forward just as I spat the tooth paste out. It kept swinging and splattered my face with tooth paste.
    My coat has a button on the back for decoration, and when I would put my hair down to warm my neck, my coat would pull when I took it off.
    And don't forget the bolts on the back of school chairs. That hurts. But I have a friend who usually sits behind me and unwinds it. But I joined an up-do challenge for the summer, so that shouldn't happen for a while. We'll see.
    Hanging out at mid-thigh
    Lady Randiriel, Protectress of Testudines, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    20/20/35
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mzBANGBANG View Post
    Here's one for the smokers. Had a small bit of cig left and needed both hands to function as I was getting out of my car, so I was holding it in my mouth. Cue gust of wind. Guess it's going to take me a little bit longer to grow out the fringe :-| needless to say I have never let that one happen again.

I have a mini travel hair dryer that I leave at my boyfriend's house. One day I was using it and out of nowhere, the back of the hair dryer started EATING my hair. After a couple sobs and realizing the only way I was going to get out of that one was to cut it out... that thing went immediately in the trash can. A blessing in disguise.
    ooohh yikes. this happened to me once too. i had my head flipped over and i was drying underneath so i was really discombobulated when it happened. i'm super careful when (rarely) i use a blowdryer.
    Starting over, again.
    /20/20.5/21/21.5/22/22.5/23/23.5/24/24.5/25/25.5/26/26.5/27/27.5/28/28.5/29/29.5/30/30.5/31/31.5/32/32.5/33/33.5/34/34.5/35/35.5/36

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Always tangles on my nape piercing! Never snags on the 40+ earrings, but nape is like velcro.

Thankfully only have boy rats so they prefer bra rides to hair nests.

Having Slinkies for cats, they drape on my shoulder and grab at the ends.

Glasses are major snag points, thus I have bangs.

Tangled around headphone wires or phone headsets or in the phone cord.

Getting it stuck in my hand wraps. How I manage that at SL, I have no idea.

Doing a back bend and walking my feet to my hands, stepping on my hair.

Also readjusting my hands in a headstand then going back to a handstan. Ouch!

Hubby getting his hair wrapped on one of my piercings and he didn't notice until he moved. Ow, that killed the mood.

Length
    17"/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

oOH, I got stuck in a label printer when my hair was waist length and I had it out. Had to do a bit of a yank to get it out.

2014 aim: Prepare for knee Ultimate goals: Knee length and dye free. World Domination.

Length
    2"/23"/TLBN
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mzBANGBANG View Post
    Here's one for the smokers. Had a small bit of cig left and needed both hands to function as I was getting out of my car, so I was holding it in my mouth. Cue gust of wind. Guess it's going to take me a little bit longer to grow out the fringe :-| needless to say I have never let that one happen again.

I have a mini travel hair dryer that I leave at my boyfriend's house. One day I was using it and out of nowhere, the back of the hair dryer started EATING my hair. After a couple sobs and realizing the only way I was going to get out of that one was to cut it out... that thing went immediately in the trash can. A blessing in disguise.
    That must have been an old hair dryer? I had the same thing happen to me many many years ago. Scared the heck out of me, and yes, I too had to cut my hair out. I was very careful about using a blow dryer after that. Don't use them at all anymore now.

Length
    SL/TB/CL
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/ii

I haven't had this happen yet (knock on wood) but my worst fear is having my hair get caught in the trunk of my car and not having my keys within reach! I can be careless about where I put my keys while I'm moving stuff to and from the car, so I can picture myself bent over with my head stuck by the bumper until a neighbor comes to my rescue lol.