Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Hair hazards you never expected

Length
    shldr/tlbn/fgrtp
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Default Re: Hair hazards you never expected

Once when I was a middle school, I was using a(n) (evil) round brush to brush my hair and somehow I got it completely matted to my scalp. It was completely stuck and any attempt to remove it resulted in shrieks of pain. I was so upset because I thought I would have to cut off my hair at the scalp (it was a good chunk too). So, at 11 at night I went to my parents, distraught and asked them to help me. My dad spent until 2 or 3 in the morning yanking out each of those little bristles with pliers and then I spent until the next morning combing out the huge, rat sized mat in my hair... I think it was the first all-nighter I ever did!

This next one's not so much about a hair hazard but hazardous hair... I got a haircut! No, not that kind - I was innocently combing my hair when suddenly, a particularly sharp strand cut my hand! I put all this love and care into my hair and what does it do? When I'm not looking, it came around and bit the hand that fed it!
    Even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like day. Search me, God, and know my heart...And lead me in the way everlasting. -Psalm 139

Length
    11/25/30
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Post Re: Hair hazards you never expected

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    I was sitting at my desk and chucked my braid over the back of it. Tsavo:

Jumped up and grabbed my braid and managed to really snag his claws up in it. I was yelling as I had an 18 pound moose of a cat hanging off my braid and no way to get to him, and he was thrashing and trying to get away.

DH came and saved us both
    >__< ohhh that happened to me but with my dog Scottie! We were playing (very roughly lol) and I had my hair loose and he jumped on me and his paw got caught in my hair. Ohh it was painful and it was a struggle to get free because my hair was so tangled up and my dog was trying in his own way LOL to get free too. I never have my hair loose when I play with him now ^-^

Length
    20/37/47
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

When my son was about two we were standing outside and he jumped out of the minivan and swung out like Tarzan using my hair as his rope! OUCH sometimes it hurts being Rapunzel

Length
    Chin/TBL40/45"
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I had a funny little one last night - I was eating some small foiled easter eggs, and folding / scrunching up the foil. As I went to throw the foil in my hand into the bin, it swung back and hung in my hair. I'd managed to wrap up several strands of hair and it took me a couple of minutes to extract them.

Hi, My name is: Alexis AnimaSola3o4's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mzBANGBANG View Post

I have a mini travel hair dryer that I leave at my boyfriend's house. One day I was using it and out of nowhere, the back of the hair dryer started EATING my hair. After a couple sobs and realizing the only way I was going to get out of that one was to cut it out... that thing went immediately in the trash can. A blessing in disguise.
    That's happened to me too. But with a full sized hair dryer... it just sort of started pulling my hair in the back side of it.

Along the same vein of things sucking your hair in, be careful when standing behind a fan of any type. It hasn't happened to me, but I shudder to think of it every time I am walking by a fan.

My hair has eaten it's fair share of toys of course. And car seatbelts LOVE to eat my hair. I don't actually understand it myself. And then there's the classic roll your hair up into your car window....

Keep your head up, makes your hair look longer! Only micro-trimming from here on out!!! YAY!!

Hi, My name is: Alexis AnimaSola3o4's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Laylah View Post
    Once when I was a middle school, I was using a(n) (evil) round brush to brush my hair and somehow I got it completely matted to my scalp. It was completely stuck and any attempt to remove it resulted in shrieks of pain. I was so upset because I thought I would have to cut off my hair at the scalp (it was a good chunk too). So, at 11 at night I went to my parents, distraught and asked them to help me. My dad spent until 2 or 3 in the morning yanking out each of those little bristles with pliers and then I spent until the next morning combing out the huge, rat sized mat in my hair... I think it was the first all-nighter I ever did!
    oh god oh god... all i had to read up til was 'round brush' and I suddenly recounted several incidents of round brushes getting stuck in my hair as a child. I learned very quickly that they are so not meant for my hair!!!!

Keep your head up, makes your hair look longer! Only micro-trimming from here on out!!! YAY!!

Length
    0"/23.5"/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i

I'm not sure anybody mentioned this one. As a mechanic, and the new guy at the shop I work at, I tend to spend a good deal of time on a creeper. I keep my hair in a tight pony, with it restrained about every 2-3 inches. While rolling around under trucks, if I forget to tuck it into the back of my shirt, my pony tends to work it's way into or under the wheels of my creeper. It is rather painful when I roll along and my head gets pulled to the ground, or I try to reach up/sit up and find my hair is under a wheel. Not to mention how dirty my hair gets when this happens. I've been lucky and haven't lost more than about a dozen hairs in all the times this has happened.

Length
    38"/52''/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

I was walking in Ross, minding my own business when suddenly my entire body snaps back because apparently my hair has a mind of its own and wound up grabbing onto a random hanger! Lol so embarassing

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    So there I was, laying on my back on the massage table, my hair spilling over the edge, the massage therapist sitting on a rolly stool working the knots out of my neck, when ow! ow! ow! She rolled the stool onto my hair!

What happened to you?
    Alas! If only I had seen this thread sooner ....

My massage therapist stepped on mine last night - twice, because I hadn't yet figured out what had happened the first time when it happened again. Only the second time was WAY worse, because it happened while she was raising the height of the table! Owowowowowow! (>(oo)<)`
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by annamoonfairy View Post
    When my son was about two we were standing outside and he jumped out of the minivan and swung out like Tarzan using my hair as his rope! OUCH sometimes it hurts being Rapunzel
    Eep! Sorry that happened to you, but I hope you don't mind that I did get a bit of a giggle from it. Your son sounds like quite the adventurous child (^(oo)^)`
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v