Hi all,
I've done a bit of searching on these boards about hair damge and found threads on mechanical, chemical damage etc. but not about from hormone troubles. I thought maybe somebody might have had the same problems or could give me some suggestions to get my hair back in shape.

I had a hormone imbalance due to stress a while back and lost sooo much hair. The hair that didn't fall out and that I had left....probobly over half of it broke off to about 2 inches long.

I've been tested for diet deficincies...nothing there and my hormones were tested recently and seemed back in place but my hair won't bounch back!

It is growing in though, and there are new hairs sprouting up. Some of it is new hair, some of it is 6 inches long (from the parts that broke off) and other parts are longer that didn't fall out). It is dry and just so 'fried' looking. It isn't actually fried from heat though.

I've stayed away from heat and used oil treatments and treated it like a newborn, but it still looks like hell. I've taken the right vitamins and feel like I've tried it all so to speak. Aloe, eggs, herbal treatments, vinegar. The list goes on and on.

Has anybody had this happen...if so how did you get shiny, healthy hair again.

Thank you!