Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Do your eyebrows match your hair?

Length
    27/33/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Do your eyebrows match your hair?

My eyebrows are a bit darker than my hair, but they're close enough for me. I don't do anything to my eyebrows except pluck the strays every so often.
    Jenna

Recently cut from 50" to 32". Happily growing again.

Length
    chin/SL/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

My eyebrows are about the same shade as my hair, but I think they're a much cooler brown than my hair. They're pretty sparse, though, so it's hard to tell.

Length
    28/42.5/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

My eyebrows are dark blonde, which matches my natural hair colour quite well, although I pencil them with light brown to make them a bit more visible. Since I started hennaing, I've been looking for an eyebrow pencil/shade that matches the redder/coppery colour, but haven't been successful so far.

Any product tips are greatly appreciated
    ...procrastinating the new signature...

Length
    APL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

My eyebrows are dark borwn that glow golden in sunlight, but my natural hair colour is a medium to dark ash blonde so they are quite a bit darker. Atm my hair is dyed black and I pencil them in everyday to be black like my hair or it looks odd, always have to wear eyeliner too when I have black hair or I look washed out, I'm trying to revert to my natural colour now.

Length
    14"/17"/35"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Someone once told me that the mark of the Celtic races is at least six different haircolors occurring naturally on one's body.

So that's a no, my eyebrows don't match (I am of mostly Irish ancestry, with some Eastern European thrown in).

Here's mine:

Head: Auburn (red in childhood, but darkened with age)
    Eyebrows: Medium blonde
    Eyelashes: Jet black
    Miscellaneous unwanted facial hair: Mostly brown
    Arms and underarms: dark brown
    Legs: Light blonde, with medium brown on the shins

So, I dye, and pencil, and I still haven't found a good match for my hair (in the 70s, my hair was red, and my eyebrows didn't match, but I didn't care/know since I was a child. In the 80s, it was black (or sometimes blue), so that was easy. In the 90s it was purple (or occasionally magenta), so black eyebrows were OK then, too. In the 00s, it was burgundy, and matching the eyebrows became a problem. In the 10s, it is hennaed to cover the gray, but closer to natural than it's ever been, and now my eyebrows don't match at all).

Length
    Pixie/52/Term
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I would have to say that my eyebrows are the same or darker. Never really thought about it before. Like many things on this site, it's just another thing I'm going to start noticing now haha

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mzBANGBANG View Post
    Just curious how many feel the need to pencil in eyebrows to get them to match their hair color?

^^ my natural brows. I always feel like they're very translucent.

My eyebrows are super light because my hair is pretty light, I typically pencil them in with a light brown pencil just to add more definition, otherwise my face feels washed out (edit: much like in my avatar pic!). For whatever reason, I love bold eyebrows. Or, as I've noticed... I love everything I don't have. lol

Random note, since I've joined LHC I have been paying more attention to all of my hair. I recently went for a thin arched eyebrow as opposed to my usually pretty natural, thick brows. I think I felt like if I couldn't play with my hair as much, I'd give my eyebrows a shot.

I dont think its important to match your eyebrows to your hair colour. Its whatever works for your complexion. There are limits however, like tinting brows BLACK when you have a fair complexion and light hair. You just have to find a shade that works for you. I have Dark hair and naturally dark brows. My sister is naturally blond and her bows are NATURALLY dark!

Length
    13.2/40,7/54
    Type
    2a/M/ii

nope, mine doesn't :P. When I was much younger I had light blonde hair and dark eyebrows, we used to say that since I was the middle child I got a mix between my all light blonde/red brother and all dark brown sister :P. then in my late teens my hair suddenly became a darker blonde/rat-colour but my eyebrows still darker so no mach anyway. now my hair got the chemical colour bleached out of my head and it is now my avatar, and guess what still no mach XD. I did try henna years ago and then I did try henna my brows once, dont remember how it looked like, but when I henna again I'll try that. Im not the make-up girl and got thick brows, my lahes are darker to, and my arm/legs is lightblonde. I do have red pigments that can be seen as a hint on my natural colour on head. oh and I have freckels in my face to, Im a mix between sweden and denmark :P
    Growing natural: none -> pixie-> classic
    Essence of glory,
    Beauty from within.
    My hair, my sin

Length
    2''/APL/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

My eyebrows are darker than my natural blondette hair and the colour is the same. I have never had to pencil them.

They do not match my dyed hair though. I would be a bit afraid of trying to dye them red too.
    1b/F/ii
    Started from a very short pixie at April 2011

Length
    13?/30/Long
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

My eyebrows match. Dark hair/Dark Eyebrows/Dark eyes.
    Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.~Ovid~
    Nae