Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Artistree Wood Hairtoys?

Default Re: Artistree Wood Hairtoys?

Quote Originally Posted by wendyg View Post
    Yes. I have one of their curved three-prong forks in holly.

Beautifully made, and a trouble-free purchase.

wg
    I really like the color of the Holly wood. Is it that white IRL?

Also, the curve looks very nice. Does the curve fit the head as nicely as it looks?

Length
    --/tb/--
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Yes, holly is practically pure ivory/white color. (Timberstone Turnings also uses holly, and you can see the color there). The curve fits my head very nicely. The one problem with the fork is that the ends of the tines are rather thick and blunt - a little sharper would be easier to slide through the hair.

My other Artistree Wood Art (ATWA) fork is completely different - flat, thin, almost more like a stick even though it has four tines. Both are impeccably made.

wg
    To contact me, use email. (Only PM if you'd rather not receive a reply in a timely fashion.)

Account Closed by Member Request

I have a pair of Olive wood hairsticks from this artist. They are very dainty, and they were expensive! (39 dollars for the pair, I believe) I havenīt worn them for a long time. I think I should consider putting them up on the Swap board.

That said, they are very well made, and the artist was communicative and obliging.

Quote Originally Posted by wendyg View Post
    Yes, holly is practically pure ivory/white color. (Timberstone Turnings also uses holly, and you can see the color there). The curve fits my head very nicely. The one problem with the fork is that the ends of the tines are rather thick and blunt - a little sharper would be easier to slide through the hair.

My other Artistree Wood Art (ATWA) fork is completely different - flat, thin, almost more like a stick even though it has four tines. Both are impeccably made.

wg
    Aha! Thanks for the reply. I've been looking for a wood that was fairly white in color. Good to know about the thickness issue. Right now my hair isn't long enough to compensate for hair toys that are very thick. I have several (some hairsticks and forks) that are really a bit thick for me right now but I keep them aside for 'some day' knowing that I will grow into them eventually. But I would really like to avoid buying too many things that I can't wear right now.

Do you think that the thickness is due to the requirements of working with this particular wood? Or is it simply a function of that particular design? If I could get someone to make me something in holly wood that wasn't too think I think I would be all over it!

Length
    chin/bcl/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

They are lovely, and I love all the different woods to choose from. Unfortunately, I find their prices for what they are a bit much. :/

"Our life is frittered away by detail...simplify, simplify." ~Thoreau

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

LOL those hairsticks look a bit like my "spermcel" hairstick

*Pictures*
    *Rosettebun tutorial*
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be
    judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

Length
    ?/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

I got my French roll comb from this artist a couple of days ago and so far I love the way it's made and the way it holds. I wish the decorative part were somehow shaped differently, but other than that I love it! On to the action pics! The second one shows the color much more true to life.

ETA: I just now realized you can see my hamper in the first photo! Umm, ignore please. :embarrassed:

I

~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

Chocoholic bookworm little_acorn's Avatar
    Length
    17"/27"/31"
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Looks great Rags

Length
    35cm/86cm/100cm
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

rags that looks lovely I'll have to take a picture of my vera wood hairsticks and post it
    "I can't stand makeup commercials. 'do you need lipstick that keeps your lips kissable?' no, I need lipstick that gets me equal pay for equal work. How about eye shadow that makes me stop thinking I'm too fat? Maria bamford" Conefree Conditioners in Oz

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

rags, I have been eyeing his FT combs for ages. Now that I've seen one in action, I may have to break down and buy one. That is lovely.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small