Woa- not wrong about the eye candy ratgirldjh!

I have used aloe vera juice- different brands then what you mentioned, but never got consistent results. This could be due to buildup, but never seemed to clean as well after the first or second time using it.

I actually bought an aloe plant, but the poor wee thing has a lot of growing to do if I was to harvest as much of it as they did! I have seen youtube videos of people using fresh aloe on their hair, but like Lenny, they have completely different hair to mine (read straight, prone to oiliness/stringiness).

I really don't want to use shampoo and have been trying a range of different alternatives. Getting my hair clean isn't a problem (soap nuts, baking soda etc all clean really well) but my hair dries out aLOT. Does the fresh aloe dry out your hair (with the extra saponins etc)? I know aloe is supposed to be moisturing, which is why I loved it sooo much the first time I used it and it effectively cleaned my hair!

Keep us posted on your progress, I'll be reading (and waiting for my wee aloe to grow!)