Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Multi-racial With Multi-textured Hair Thread

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

Cool The Official Multi-racial With Multi-textured Hair Thread

Hello Everyone! I've searched the forums including google with "THLC" in my search concerning a thread for people who are "Multi-racial" with "Multi-textured hair," and could not find one, unless there is a really old archive, but just in case this is a new thread (2012 edition) with a picture exhibiting my own multi-textured hair to start this thread, and for everyone to study and analyze (i'm feeling the courage to stand out for people with hair like mine, and the endless search of products, and care dealing with the difficulties this type of hair encompasses). I wish the boards or people in charge of TLHC can finally add a new hair type classification for people like me, like "multi-textured" or "universal" or something along that line because with the evidence I share proves that I do not fit into the usual numbering system.

** Most importantly, I wanted to start a thread for people who have explored endlessly all the LHC threads from the straight to curly, kinky, wurly threads. I've continued to look at all these threads, and I feel like I do not belong to any of these threads, so here is a thread for the multi-textured hair. Hairs that transcend the established 1-4 ABC threads here in LHC, and adding further complex questions to the issue of "hair typing." This thread seeks to compile the methods that works for us. Is there a universal product for this hair type? So far I've only encountered the Tangle Teezer. Do we have to accept that we have to use multiple products for the different textures? Do you have hair that no matter what style you do, it just kinda looks off or you have to put so much work and effort.
    Last edited by rowie; September 14th, 2012 at 08:59 PM.

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

Default Re: The Official Multi-racial With Multi-textured Hair Thread

hmmm. It must be Sunday, and people are out and about. I just feel so awkward sharing this now.... but I wanted to get this out...it could make for an interesting discussion I suppose...But all are welcome to voice out their opinions.

Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by rowie View Post
    hmmm. It must be Sunday, and people are out and about. I just feel so awkward sharing this now.... but I wanted to get this out...it could make for an interesting discussion I suppose...But all are welcome to voice out their opinions.
    Rowie, I'm sure you'll receive replies to your interesting post. However, it is the weekend and things tend to slow down sometime. It can also happen during the week.

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

hmmm. I guess it's Sunday, and everyone is out and about. Well, I guess I'll go out for a short drive, we finally have some sunlight here in New Hampshire. I feel soooooo awkward posting this, but i'll check back later and see how this thread goes. Please feel free to voice out your opinions. Thanks Madora!!

Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by rowie View Post
    hmmm. I guess it's Sunday, and everyone is out and about. Well, I guess I'll go out for a short drive, we finally have some sunlight here in New Hampshire. I feel soooooo awkward posting this, but i'll check back later and see how this thread goes. Please feel free to voice out your opinions. Thanks Madora!!
    You have nothing to feel awkward about, rowie! It's only natural that you want to share your feelings.

I might suggest that if you wish to discuss the difficulties of being a multi-racial person, you start a thread on the Friendship Forum. I'm a combination of Ecuadorean, French, Dutch and American.

Length
    ????/35.5/40
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I'm mixed as well, African / Spanish / Taino

My hair has at the nape tight spiral curls, not buckshot, but not far off either, the crown is probably 1c and the layers in between 2a-2c.

Biggest problem I have with hair is the incessant tangling. I can comb my hair and completely detangle it, starting section by section, but by the time I'm done, the first section is tangled.

I have yet to find any way whatsoever to keep it from tangling. sigh.

Most people guess my ethnicity as North African, which except for the Taino bit, makes sense.
    'And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair' Khalil Gibran.
    ⌣⌢ (ˆ◡ˆ) ⌢⌣

Length
    18/18/40
    Type
    3b/M/ii

I'm glad you made this thread I am black, First Nations, and French. My hair is definitely full of different textures and curl patterns. Some parts, especially near my next are quite loose, others are tightly curled.
    Every day is Thursday.

Someday the Northern Realm in the Highlands
    Length
    24in/47in/Term
    Type
    3b/3c/F/i

Irish. Scotish, Native American, African american here.

For years I was stuck in trying to find the right product for my entire head. I realized after a huge 5 year shed that I had such a combination of textures. The shed let them emerge in distinctive parts of my head. So I began to try and make a one product to suit all. Did not happen. I had to except that I needed several products and routines for the different types. I have just finalized the three different regimines and product applications. It seems to be working. But who knows now that the shedding has stopped I may end up with a greater blend again and have to start from scratch.

My types are in my signature. I took this photo last year. You can clearly see how the change goes from the nape to the crown. The crown was an enemy to the lower hairs because they coiled and curled around the others causing massive tangles. It was dryer and the nape is cottony, wispy and soft.

My nape was always just gone due to knotting. My crown is slow growing and broke off. A few years ago I just told them since you can not get along then you will be separated and have worn it like that ever since. The nape grew longer then I have ever had. Now I have finally came up with the products to tend to each. So tangles are at bay and hopefully it will be able to grow with little stress and damage. We shall see.

"Creation is the first Icon of God"
    3 layers, Fringe-4ac fi frizzy, crimpy,coily. Canopy-3bc fi, spirals, coily. Rear-2abc fi wavy, wispy, coily

Length
    26/25.5/28
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Following this tread with interest. My soon to be 13 year old son has hair which drives me nuts. His father is french/islander and my sons is.becoming as thick and wiry as his and he wants to keep it long.

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

Quote Originally Posted by Madora View Post
    You have nothing to feel awkward about, rowie! It's only natural that you want to share your feelings.

I might suggest that if you wish to discuss the difficulties of being a multi-racial person, you start a thread on the Friendship Forum. I'm a combination of Ecuadorean, French, Dutch and American.
    Thanks Again Madora! Interesting mix of nationalities in your genes. I've seen you many times around here in LHC and I'm glad to know a little more about you in this thread. I know you are famous for BBB'ing your hair, so I know a little of you hair care routine. Secretly, when I first joined LHC my hair was so short that I love the boar bristle brush, but now that my hair is growing and more prone to tangles, the bbb isn't working for my current shoulder length. Perhaps I'll give the BBB a try when I reach longer lengths.