Thread: what are some protective style I can do without alot of hair toys?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Default Re: what are some protective style I can do without alot of hair toys?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhennni(: View Post
    are they easy to use? I suck at using pins:P I have trouble using the U shaped pins :/
    As far as using hairpins (not bobby pins), it is how you insert it that makes the difference.

You insert the pin --points facing the scalp - down through the outtermost edge of the braid or bun and try and "scoop" up a tiny bit of scalp hair, then pivot the pin inward towards the braid (bun) weaving the pin into it in and up and down motion.

Pin at the 4 points (north/south/east/west) and wherever needed.

Crimped hairpins come in various sizes, are very flexible and gentle on your hair..and easy to remove.

Type
    2a/2b/F/i

Default Re: what are some protective style I can do without alot of hair toys?

Quote Originally Posted by Madora View Post
    As far as using hairpins (not bobby pins), it is how you insert it that makes the difference.

You insert the pin --points facing the scalp - down through the outtermost edge of the braid or bun and try and "scoop" up a tiny bit of scalp hair, then pivot the pin inward towards the braid (bun) weaving the pin into it in and up and down motion.

Pin at the 4 points (north/south/east/west) and wherever needed.

Crimped hairpins come in various sizes, are very flexible and gentle on your hair..and easy to remove.
    thanks for this explanation... I always have trouble with hairpins, too. I will try it following these directions. Hopefully it will help!!

for the OP... they sell Spin Pins at Target/Walmart/Walgreens/CVS type places in the USA. I will add my vote to those who say "yay, I love them!" because they hold my layered hair really well.
    Last edited by zombi; February 19th, 2012 at 04:34 PM.
    Lady Nemhain, Keeper of the Underworld Halls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL - 2a/2b - F - i